Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

I am trying to configure my new expansion module with my VVX600 phone. I am using a Lync 2013 enviornment and get the VVX 600 phone working just fine. I read through the administrator guide for 5.3 version firmware. I see where you can configure flexable line keys and assignment. My problem is that if I configure those settings in the reg-advanced.cfg file and then apply that file name 00000000.cfg file, when my phone boots, it will just be blank and not registered. Am I configuring the correct configuration file? Any help would be great. Thanks.

19 REPLIES 19
HP Recommended

Hello awilk54,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

The community's VoIP FAQ contains this post here:

Jan 12, 2012 Question: Can I change / re-assign the appearance of  Line, BLF, Speed Dial and Presence Keys?

Resolution: Please check => here <=

You need to ensure that you are also assigning the actual line.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Thank you for the response. I have seen that article. The article lacks explanation on what configuration file you use to configure those line key paramaters and how to apply that so that the phone pulls the proper config on boot.

HP Recommended

Hello awilk54,

The community's VoIP FAQ contains a multitude of articles like for example this post here:

Mar 08, 2013 Question: Where can I download configuration files from or create these myself?

Resolution: Please check => here <=

Based on the above you can simple create your own file and load it via the  000000000000.cfg or manually created <mac>.cfg

Please ensure you always check the community FAQ and/or utilize the community search before posting any new topics or follow up posts.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Can you share your CFG file - or part of? I can have a look in my Lab as I'm working towards the same thing.

HP Recommended

Hello Robin,

its pretty simple and examples  => here <= can be used. You just need to adopt it to what you want to do.

The important part is that if you enable flexible line key you must ensure you assign the line (LYNC) or if multiple lines (SIP only)  or it will not appear in the phone.

You then add either presence (LYNC) or blf for Busy Lamp occurrences.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

HP Recommended

Thank's for your response. I see that information you posted. My question is the following. When my phone boots, my 00000000000.cfg files is set to load my shared.cfg and [macaddress]-lync.cfg file. If I configure the reg-advanced.cfg file with 

<example lineKey.reassignment.enabled="1" 
lineKey.1.category="Line"
lineKey.1.index="1"
lineKey.5.category="Presence"
lineKey.6.category="Presence"
lineKey.7.category="Presence" />

Then when my phone boots, it is blank and doesnt register and gives me a service unavailable message. If i remove my reg-advanced.cfg file from boot, then my phone boots normal.

My question is where do I configure the linekey.reassignment paramaters? Do i place them in my shared.cfg? Or am i missing something when tyring to use the reg-advanced.cfg file. Thanks. 

HP Recommended

Hello awilk54,

You do not need separate files, you can simply dump any change you make into one big file.

Most installations hardly need any parameters anyway. If you want you can split configuration files into different files for each major change.

please ensure that you keep the XML formatting or the phone will ignore the configuration or parts of it if the XML structure is broken.

Simply open the file with something like XML notepad 2007 and it will tell you if the structure is broken and where.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

HP Recommended

Thanks for the reply. By chance do you have a production configuraiton file you can share? I am still getting blanks on my console when editing the like key information.

HP Recommended

Hello awilk54,

the FAQ post I replied with above should show these examples.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.