Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

I have been in touch with Poly support for more than a week now and it feels like we're getting nowhere.

34394353 is my ticket number.

Here's the scenario, I have two shared lines.

To reproduce the issue, I call out on line two.

then have a separate party call in on line one.

My goal at this point is to blind transfer the call I'm on (line 2) to *48, while the caller is still calling in on line 1... keep in mind, i won't always be on 2, in my production environment there are 8 shared lines, and the problem stems with the polycom always trying to dial out from the first available, or if i use conference, it tries to answer the incoming call, for some reason.

*48 on the broadsoft platform, stops the call recording, one of my largest customer's requires this for compliance with some legal matter.

The issue is present on Polycom VVX 411,501,500's and 400's, which are all I have to test with.

All of the phones are on 5.9.2, I know it's antiquated, but updating 6000 phones comes with it's own share of problems.

They're on the SIP server, broadsoft, R24.

What I have tried:

softkey.2.action="$Ch$*48$Trefer$" 

places the call on hold, no transfer.

softkey.2.action="#$Cp1$*48$Trefer$" 

hear a beep, then I see 'transfer failed' on my display. Tried this based on your forum posts.

softkey.2.action="$FTransfer$*48$Trefer$" 

I hear a beep, then I see 'transfer failed' on my display.

softkey.2.action="$FTransfer$*48"

"We are sorry, we are unable to complete your request at this time." It's evident it's trying to dial out on line 1 in this instance.

softkey.2.action="*48"

"We are sorry, we are unable to complete your request at this time." Also evident it's trying to use line 1, where a call is coming in.

softkey.2.action="*48$Tconsult$"

No error, but it just leaves it on hold and doesn't perform the transfer.

softkey.2.action="$FTransfer$$Cp1$$FDialpadStar$$FDialpad4$$FDialpad8$$FSelect$$Cp3$$FExit$$FSoftkey5$$FSoftkey1$"

This last one works, but it's clunky, and slow, and if the user taps any buttons while it's dialing *48 it can mess it up easily.

Other options are prevent calls from coming in on other lines when line 2 is in use, or just sending a reject when this happens, i've also toyed with the idea of embedding a reject in the macro string... but there doesn't seem to be a $Fxxx$ function listed for that.

Any help you can offer would be greatly appreciated.

If there's any way to make it send (from line in use), it's probably what i need. The config below does the following... it opens the transfer menu, waits 1 second, hits star 4 8, sends the call, waits 3 seconds till broadsoft says "your call..." it exits the menu, hits softkey 5 for more options, then hits softkey one which cancels the transfer and returns it to the call, after it stops the recording.

I'd love a more elegant way to do this.

softkey.2.action="$FTransfer$$Cp1$$FDialpadStar$$FDialpad4$$FDialpad8$$FSelect$$Cp3$$FExit$$FSoftkey5$$FSoftkey1$"
softkey.2.enable="1"
softkey.2.label="Pymt Pause"
softkey.2.insert="1"
softkey.2.use.dialtone="0"
softkey.2.use.hold="0"
softkey.2.use.active="1"
softkey.3.action="$FTransfer$$Cp1$$FDialpadStar$$FDialpad4$$FDialpad9$$FSelect$$Cp3$$FExit$$FSoftkey5$$FSoftkey1$"
softkey.3.enable="1"
softkey.3.label="Rec Resume"
softkey.3.insert="2"
softkey.3.use.dialtone="0"
softkey.3.use.hold="0"
softkey.3.use.active="1"
1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hello @Momentum - David Conway ,

Welcome to the Poly Community.

I ran this by one of our Solution Architect dealing with service providers and he suggested:

up.osdIncomingCall.enabled="0"

This sets the phone to not display the full-screen popup for the incoming call. When set to 0, the context of the soft key is on the active call, not the incoming call. If it’s set to 1 (default), the context of the soft key is on the incoming call, so the user can’t do anything with the active call until they switch back to the active call.

Our FAQ covers this in:

May 28, 2015 Question: Can I change the way an inbound call is presented on the screen of a VVX phone?

Resolution: Please check => here <=

Then, you can set the soft key to blind transfer in an active state:

softkey.3.action="*48$Trefer$"
softkey.3.enable="1"
softkey.3.label="Test"
softkey.3.use.active="1"

Please update the Engineer handling the ticket if this works for you.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.