Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Hi all We're running Lync 2013 with CX600 phones, everything is working great. All numbers can be dialled from the handset and it translates them into E.164 fine.

I have just introduced a VVX600 into the mix, I've had good progress with it so far and it seems to fix that annoying response group delay (Yay!)

One problem I am having with it is the normalisation rules from the server. When I dial any number with a leading zero, it drops it. For example if I dial 0433 123 123 it will convert it to +433123123 same with national land line numbers e.g 02 9265 9333 will be +292659333. It should be +61433123123 and +61292659333

If I dial an extra zero at the start, the call goes through fine.

Here is a screenshot of my assigned dialplan.

http://imgur.com/1fWNRnr This is from the VVX 600.

dialplan.1.originaldigitmap="^0?000$@+61000@0|^(6[3,8,9]\d{2})$@+6189424$1@1|^0?([2-9]\d{7})$@+612$1@0|^0?(13\d{4})$@+61$1@0|^0?(1[3,8]00\d{6,7})$@+61$1@0|^0?0([2,3,4,7,8]\d{8})$@+61$1@0|^0?0011([1-9]\d{5,19})$@+$1@0|^\+?0?([1-9]\d{2}\d+)$@+$1@0"

If I add reg.1.applyServerDigitMapLocally="0" to my config file, I am able to dial the numbers normally, but 13 numbers fail, yet if I prefix those with a zero the dial fine.

Has anyone come across this before?

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hello mcowley,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

The LYNC dialplan translation into our Polycom dial plan has still got some limitations as for example something like [3,8,9] is not supported to my knowledge.

Please be aware of the following when utilizing UCS 4.1.0 or later:

The use of Polycom UC Software versions 4.1.X (“Software”) requires the purchase of a separate Software license for every device that will use the Software in a Lync environment. You may not install, access, or use the Software in a Lync environment on more devices than are listed on your license until additional licenses have been purchased and authorized by Polycom. These licenses should be purchased from the same company from which you purchased the devices. You may operate devices against a Lync server for trial purposes for up to 30 days without purchasing a license. Use of the Software is subject to the terms and conditions of the End User License Agreement.

Polycom reserves the right to audit your deployment to verify that you have sufficient licenses to match the number of devices being used.

Information in regards of License Part Numbers can be found => here <=

The easiest , in order to prevent any translation issue, would be to completely ignore the LYNC dialplan on the phone and simply send all digits to the phone and let LYNC translate these.

Below configuration can be imported and will archive this:

<WEB_CONFIG>
   <OVERRIDES dialplan.digitmap="" dialplan.1.digitmap="" reg.1.applyServerDigitMapLocally="0" />
</WEB_CONFIG>

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

HI Ben

Thanks for the reply.

I did try the "reg.1.applyServerDigitMapLocally="0"" it did solve the original issue, it introduced errors with other numbers. Now that I am aware that there are limitations in the Polycom dialplan, I will disable the digit map locally and work through the issues. Do you have any documentation that could tell us what the limitations are regarding the dialplan?

HP Recommended

Version: 5.0.2

That resolved my issue also.  Thank you.

HP Recommended

5.0.2 doesn't fix my issue, infact it actually has introduced a new bug, where the caller hears no ringback tones when calling internally.

HP Recommended

@mcowley wrote:

HI Ben

Thanks for the reply.

I did try the "reg.1.applyServerDigitMapLocally="0"" it did solve the original issue, it introduced errors with other numbers. Now that I am aware that there are limitations in the Polycom dialplan, I will disable the digit map locally and work through the issues. Do you have any documentation that could tell us what the limitations are regarding the dialplan?

Hello mcowley,

welcome back to the Polycom Community.

above suggested Parameter sends the string as dialed to LYNC and any translation issues would then be on the LYNC end.

I have responded to your other new post in regards to the ring back tone already and if you still have issues with any dialed numbers is to raise this with your Polycom reseller so they can open a ticket with Polycom support.

Please ensure you provide all the relevant per Device LYNC licenses that entitle you to utilize UCS Software with LYNC.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.