Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Hi,
We are implementing a resource list server. We are using polycom phones for testing this server (for example
vvx 400). We registered two phones on the same line and we do a forked call. In the rlmi body part for the notify
message we have two instances for the same resource. And for each instance we have associated an dialog info xml
which have state confirmed and local identity display 200. We observed that in this case the vvx 400 phone shows
on display two resources with the same name 200 in the monitorized list. Is this behavior correct or it should display
only one? I added bellow also the full notify message.
Thank you!

NOTIFY sip:201@172.16.40.59;x-sipX-nonat SIP/2.0
To: "201"<sip:201@dev-ezuce.ro>;tag=C809BC8-A433431F
Cseq: 4 NOTIFY
Call-Id: d7d1dacd-2e7fba4c-398c55c3@172.16.40.59
Event: dialog
Subscription-State: active;expires=3126
Content-Type: multipart/related;type="application/rlmi+xml";start="<rlmi@dev-ezuce.ro>";boundary="8c6e5020"
Date: Fri, 31 Jan 2014 19:02:12 GMT
Max-Forwards: 19
User-Agent: sipXecs/4.6.0 sipXecs/rls (Linux)
Accept-Language: en
Require: eventlist
Via: SIP/2.0/TCP 172.16.40.50;branch=z9hG4bK-XX-01cah4t6j52SkxMoRq9Di_cxsw
Via: SIP/2.0/TCP 172.16.40.50:5140;branch=z9hG4bK-XX-00529l1`QACr6sbFKSxpSnh76g
Content-Length: 2112

--8c6e5020
CONTENT-ID: <0@dev-ezuce.ro>
CONTENT-TYPE: application/dialog-info+xml
CONTENT-TRANSFER-ENCODING: binary

<?xml version="1.0"?>
<dialog-info xmlns="urn:ietf:params:xml:ns:dialog-info" version="2" state="partial" entity="sip:200@dev-ezuce.ro">
<dialog id="iddf0ed615" call-id="3d44fa3c-1dc6dd37-598ff972@172.16.40.60" local-tag="8337EAD0-191C8CB" remote-tag="2F6F984F-5C4BE3DE" direction="initiator">
<state>confirmed</state>
<local>
<identity display="200">sip:200@dev-ezuce.ro</identity>
<target uri="sip:200@172.16.40.60">
<param pname="+sip.rendering" pval="yes" />
</target>
</local>
<remote>
<identity display="201">sip:201@dev-ezuce.ro</identity>
<target uri="sip:201@172.16.40.59">
<param pname="transport" pval="tcp" />
</target>
</remote>
</dialog>
</dialog-info>
--8c6e5020
CONTENT-ID: <1@dev-ezuce.ro>
CONTENT-TYPE: application/dialog-info+xml

<?xml version="1.0"?>
<dialog-info xmlns="urn:ietf:params:xml:ns:dialog-info" version="1" state="partial" entity="sip:200@dev-ezuce.ro">
<dialog id="idc6882b58" call-id="e234b831-f5f015ce-c6d778f3@172.16.40.52" local-tag="5508860D-274B4A0A" remote-tag="5BD5B424-8A881E5B" direction="initiator">
<state>early</state>
<local>
<identity display="200">sip:200@dev-ezuce.ro</identity>
<target uri="sip:200@172.16.40.52">
</target>
</local>
<remote>
<identity display="201">sip:201@dev-ezuce.ro</identity>
<target uri="sip:201@172.16.40.59">
<param pname="transport" pval="tcp" />
</target>
</remote>
</dialog>
</dialog-info>
--8c6e5020
CONTENT-ID: <rlmi@dev-ezuce.ro>
CONTENT-TYPE: application/rlmi+xml

<?xml version="1.0"?>
<list xmlns="urn:ietf:params:xml:ns:rlmi" uri="sip:~~rl~F~201@dev-ezuce.ro" version="3" fullState="false">
  <resource uri="sip:200@dev-ezuce.ro">
    <name>200</name>    <instance id="2yRtuv1YQG000a,C1R_mh,230C348C-34D00387" state="active" cid="0@dev-ezuce.ro"/>
    <instance id="kb5N21Ekzl0009,5L863n,74BE9AA1-33E549BE" state="active" cid="1@dev-ezuce.ro"/>
  </resource>
</list>

--8c6e5020--

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hello islaveanu,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

I tried to make your post more readable by using code tags.

Not having looked that deep into this I believe we are working as designed as we have two separate dialog / call ID's and in addition two separate target URI's.

In order to verify this, as it is not a support issue, I suggest you contact your Polycom reseller to bring this to the attention of one of our solution architects.

They should be able to work with you.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hello islaveanu,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

I tried to make your post more readable by using code tags.

Not having looked that deep into this I believe we are working as designed as we have two separate dialog / call ID's and in addition two separate target URI's.

In order to verify this, as it is not a support issue, I suggest you contact your Polycom reseller to bring this to the attention of one of our solution architects.

They should be able to work with you.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

I have another question, maybe someone knows.

We have this scenario. The phone 201 is subscribed to a resource list which contains only one resource 200.  After the phone sends the subscribe, the resource list server sends the full notify and the resource 200 appears on phone display in the monitorized list for 201. The problem is that after adding a new resource 202 to same resource list, changes to this resource list are not updated on phone display, althogh the resource list server sends again the full notify message with both resources 200 and 202. The changes are updated on display only after the current subscribe is terminated and the phone do a new subscribe. Is there a way to force the phone to update on its display the monitorized resources, without ending the current subscribe?

In my tests I used a VVX 400 phone.

HP Recommended

Hello islaveanu,

as you have neither provided the currently used software version or the SIP switch involved I can only repeat my previous reply:

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

HP Recommended

Hi Steffen,

We tested with polycom phones VVX400 and VVX 500 with software version 4.1.5.3071

Thank you!

HP Recommended

Hello islaveanu,

that last reply still leaves questions open so please follow up as advised.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.