Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Hi, Keypad not working in Soundstation IP 5000 after call is established, any idea how to fix ithis. I can make calls, internal and external calls, but once the external call is established, the keypad does not work, no matter what key we press, they do not  work. Our Phone system is NEC SV8100, and all other phones are working fine. Any ideas, is it firmware related? It has BootRom v 4.3.1.0440 installed.

Thanks

J.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hello Jorge,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

Just to understand and clarify your issue.

The keypad is obviously working as you would not be able to dial any number at all if that was faulty.

I can only assume that you mean that you are unable to use a DTMF activated functionality once the call is connected.

The Community FAQ has this article here:

Oct 7, 2011 Question: Phone unable to send DTMF to an IVR system

Resolution: Please check => here <=

Does above match your issue or can you provide a bit clearer instructions what is happening?

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

Hello Jorge,

Just to understand and clarify your issue.

The keypad is obviously working as you would not be able to dial any number at all if that was faulty.

I can only assume that you mean that you are unable to use a DTMF activated functionality once the call is connected.

The Community FAQ has this article here:

Oct 7, 2011 Question: Phone unable to send DTMF to an IVR system

Resolution: Please check => here <=

Does above match your issue or can you provide a bit clearer instructions what is happening?

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Hi, Thank you so much Steffen, it is exactly the issue. Is there step by step guide on how to install the the right Payload, this is the first time I work with a Polycom phone, and I dont want to make any error while updating it.

Thanks for your help.

Jorge

HP Recommended

I have same problem with Soundpoint IP 335. This prevents logging into conference calls with a password or navigating phone trees. Your answer link is gibberish to me, since I am a standalone installation connected to an Obi 202 home user. I bought to phone for conferencing, but it's useless to me if I can't log into the conference system. How do I turn the keypad on after the call is established? I have an analog phone connected to the same Obi 202 and it works fine for logging in.

HP Recommended

Hello LarryDP,

The above reply and the community's VoIP FAQ explain the two different formats our phones , depending on the software version, support based on the SIP standards.

Most likely your phone is set to the factory default of DTMF via RTP and needs to be changed to support DTMF via SIP INFO.

The FAQ post describes this and there are several other posts discussing DTMF issues that can be found via the community search.

If this is outside the scope for yourself I can only advise you to contact your Polycom reseller or work with the team at obihai so they can help you getting this to work on your end.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

HP Recommended

Thank you for the encouragement (sort of).

By dedicating an afternoon to this, I was able to set up an FTP server, update the firmware from SIP 3.3.3 that the phone came with to UC 4.1, experiment with the new web interface to register the phone to the Obi 202 (note - the phone user guide has not been updated to reflect this new interface) , then use the cfg files to change the DTMF Advance to 101. One twist: I was not able to get the cfg files to take from the provisioning server through reboot, but had to upload them to the phone using the web interface update function. 

The phone is now usable for conferencing, voicemail retreival, and phonetrees. This seems like a pretty grevious deficiency if you're going to market this phone to the public.

Larry P.

HP Recommended

Hello Larry,

I am glad you figured it out.

Based on the age of the original post you can probably guess that the demand for changing the payload is not that high and therefore no configurable option on the web interface has been added.

Usually the call platform would provide the configuration files but it seems you your case this is more a standalone installation.

Please be aware that your first level support must come from your Polycom reseller and they can raise a support ticket with Polycom support if needed.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.