Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

I am deploying a new VOIP server (Digium) using all Polycom phone, mostly IP331. Since I have a LOT of the phones, I am trying to configure them all through TFTP, but no matter what I try, I cannot get my LINE 2 on the IP331 to be a 'speed dial' to another user on the same system using TFTP with the following config:

feature.enhancedFeatureKeys.enabled="1"
attendant.resourceList.2.address="sip:316@192.168.0.4" attendant.resourceList.2.label="Robert" attendant.resourceList.2.type="normal"

I have attempted the following as well and it does not work;

feature.enhancedFeatureKeys.enabled="1"
attendant.resourceList.1.address="sip:316@192.168.0.4"
attendant.resourceList.1.label="Robert"
attendant.resourceList.1.type="normal"

Line 2 remains blank unless I do one of the following:

1) Enter something in contacts/{mac}.cfg (in which case it takes the first entry and assigned it to the Line 2 button)

2) If I remove contacts/{mac}.cfg and then go into the web interface on the phone and manually enter it (Utilities => Line Key Configuration => Add Line Key Function => Speed Dial.

3) Manually enter a directory entry on the phone itself, the first directory entry will be assigned to Line 2 as a speed Dial

I am running software version 4.1.1.0731 on the phones.  

Thanks in Advance!

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hello MD500_Pilot,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

Multiple things.

You are most likely using the wrong software for your phone.

The community's VoIP FAQ contains this post here:

Jun 30, 2015 Question:What is the difference using the UC Software 4.0.0 for compatible SoundPoint or SoundStation IP Phones?

Resolution: Please always check the release Notes or

Software Version  Call Server
4.0.X SIP Only
4.1.X LYNC Only

and you are trying to use BLF / Attendant and not a speed dial

Nov 4, 2011 Question: How can I setup a Busy Lamp Field / BLF with an Digium Asterisk SIP Server?

Resolution: Please check => here <=

have a look at

Jan 6, 2012 Question: How can I create a local directory or what is the 000000000000-directory.xml used for?

Resolution: Please check => here <=

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Steffen - 

Thank you for your reply. I did go ahead and installed version 4.0.11.0583 and bootrom software version 5.0.11.0282. I am working with an IP650 and an IP331. 

I DO NOT have a 000000000000-directory.xml but I do have individual config files for each phone. 

In the case of the IP650, This entry works perfectly:

attendant.resourceList.1.address="sip:400@192.168.0.4"
attendant.resourceList.5.address="sip:305@192.168.0.4"
attendant.resourceList.6.address="sip:329@192.168.0.4"
attendant.resourceList.7.address="sip:325@192.168.0.4"
attendant.resourceList.8.address="sip:315@192.168.0.4"
attendant.resourceList.1.label="Richard" 
attendant.resourceList.5.label="Chad M"
attendant.resourceList.6.label="Erica P"
attendant.resourceList.7.label="Lisa L"
attendant.resourceList.8.label="Eric M"

This creates entries for each of those extensions as BOTH A BLF and a speed dial. When anyone of those people are on the phone, it shows them busy and lights up the light next to their line and when they are not busy and I hit the line key next to their name, it dials their extension. This is the exact behavior I expected and it what we want. 

Please see attached screen shots showing this layout. So without having a directory entry, without having anything other then the entry above in my {mac:address}.cfg file, it works as expected.

The problem is the IP331. With the exact same configuration setup (same server, same network, etc) also running the same software versions, I simply cannot get the second line key to work.

The configuration parameters are the same for the second line key and when I go into the web interface for the phone, it actually shows the BLF in the config as well as in the preview, but it never shows up on the phone. Please see atatched screen shots of the phone, the web interface and the web interface preview.

I have factory reset the phone at least 10 times trying different things to get this to work, and I know the config seems right as it works on the IP650.

Any help would be appreciated!  

HP Recommended

Hello MD500_Pilot,,

The above mentioned FAQ covering the attendant feature and in addition the Admin Guide mention both that this feature is only available from a SPIP450 onwards.

The entry level SPIP phone you are using does not support this feature.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.