Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Two questions I'm hoping someone from Poly or a community member with config file experience can answer:

1. Is there any config parameter that can *disable* the device from provisioning when it receives a SIP "check-sync" command? 

Our voip carrier has a bug right now that causes this command to be sent too frequently (I believe.. might be another SIP command but I can't tell, seems to match behavior of check-sync). This causes the device to check for updated provisioning files from the prov server and reboot. The only workaround we've found is to disable the provisioning server completely which isn't ideal; ideally the phone would only resync and reboot when initiated by the user via hard power cycle or reboot via phone menu.

2. In general, is there an api doc somewhere that lists out all of the possible cfg file params and options for the Edge E series phones?

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hello @jv820 ,

Welcome to the Poly Community.

Both the communities Must Read First or Read 1st and if available the FAQ reference the bare minimum information a new or follow-up post should contain.

This ensures the questions being asked are limited and any new or follow up post contains the right amount of details to provide any voluntary participant within the community does not spend additional time chasing basic information.

Unfortunately, your post fell a bit short of the above-explained requirements and we kindly ask you, therefore, to ensure to read these sections and ensure a reply (not Edit!) provides as much detail as possible

Please ensure you familiarise yourself with the FAQs listed in my signature for your convenience.

1. Your service provider would most likely be the best person to disable this as their platform is causing the issue. The Parameter you are looking for is:
    voIpProt.SIP.specialEvent.checkSync.alwaysReboot​

A community search finds this as an example >here<

If the above is enabled the phone will reboot. The next question is now how you want to disable this

Mar 08, 2013 Question: Where can I download configuration files from or create these myself?

Resolution: Please check => here <=

2. The admin guide holds all configuration parameters and can be found on our support page. As an example check >here<

If enabled you may use the REST API

Jun 05, 2018 Question: Do Poly Phones support a REST API?

Resolution: Please => here <=

The best and quickest way forward is to contact our Support organization as the community is run by volunteers only.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.