Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

I can't seem to figure out why one of our newly deploy Studio X50's keeps going offline.  It's done it 4x.  There's nothing wrong with the port as it was used for years with a dolby room unit.  We even tested it and it passed the cable tester.  It seems to die a few hours after being online.  The power setting are not set to go to sleep.  Gotoroom told me to go to Poly for support so here I am.  I have a logs I can share from the unit if that helps.  The TC8 and Trio C60 pared with it never go offline, but lose their pairing with the X50 when it shuts the network.

Running version 3.11.0-364021.  The TC8 is running 3.11.0-210686 and the Trio is running 7.3.0.16840.

Any help would be appreciated.  

14 REPLIES 14
HP Recommended

Hello @swinterstorcon ,

Your post ended up in the Spam Filter so it was moved here. 

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Hello @swinterstorcon ,

Welcome to the Poly Community.

Posting here does not open a Support Ticket. If you need support please check my signature.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Got it.  So basically I can't troubleshoot it really without sending logs to support then.  Ironically, it hasn't done this since yesterday so maybe it somehow fixed itself after a hard full reset.  

HP Recommended

Hi @swinterstorcon 

Do you find any solution? 
I have the same problem our devices

HP Recommended

Support sent us a new unit.  We also replaced every single patch cable as a precaution with cat6a cables.  I have no idea why that would matter, but it's since stabilized.  We still deal with constant Microsoft Teams disconnect issues randomly every few weeks, but that's another matter.  

HP Recommended

Hello @Mads Olsvig  or @swinterstorcon 

the Studio X freezing could have to do with this >here<

Solution upgrade to PolyOS 4.0 when released and /or work with our Support Team to potentially get access to PolyOS 4.0 Beta or schedule reboots using the TAC or REST API.

Best regards

Steffen Baier

HP Recommended

@SteffenBaierUK I'll give the remote reboot a shot via a cron job.  That doesn't help me though in my remote construction sites when they go offline frequently with the only resolution a hard power cycle.  My online access is the teams management and lens if I'm lucky.  Since teams crashes, the remote management via the admin panel is useless.  Is there a way to have Poly Lens reboot it nightly?  I find Poly Lens to be way more reliable than any of the Microsoft tools. The only challenge I find is that Microsoft seems to take over and I can't even reboot it via the web management of the device itself.  Just hangs when I click restart with the only resolution to be walking someone local to it through unplugging the power and plugging it back in.

Any who, that's just my experience with the 30 or so we have.  It's so darn random that makes me want to throw them out the window.  They worked great as GoToRooms for over 2 years and have been nothing but headaches with Teams rooms.  

HP Recommended

Hello @swinterstorcon ,

For my own tickets, I have open with customers who reported that daily reboots at night via the REST API have stabilized the system. I personally am not aware that we have successfully found a way to reproduce the issue. Its an Application Not Responding. ANR issue by the Teams app seems to take down the whole system.

In your case, as basic as it sounds, you may want to invest in some smart plugs you can plug between the power cord and use an app to remote reboot the units if needed or based on a schedule.

We from only Poly HP are working hard on the PolyOS 4.0 release but had some challenges so it has ended up being delayed. Once I get details I either post the new release or at least an ETA

The best and quickest way forward is to contact our Support organization as the community is run by volunteers only.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

HP Recommended

Hello @swinterstorcon @Mads Olsvig 

Poly OS 4.0 has been posted. Please see >here< as this is at present a controlled roll out.

If you still find issues please open a Ticket with Poly support so we and our partner Microsoft can investigate new issues running Android 10

Best regards

Steffen Baier

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.