Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

We are currently utilizing Poly Studio X50 and X30 in conjunction with TRoA for our meetings.

However, after upgrading our test units (4x X50 and 1x X30) to version 4.0.0 (and subsequently 4.0.1), we have encountered an unusual issue. Specifically, when engaging with external participants, such as those joining via the Windows Teams app, we have observed intermittent interruptions in the output audio (i.e., the audio transmitted to the external participants) while they are speaking.

To provide a clearer example, let's imagine I am seated in a meeting room, conducting a session with two participants who have connected using their Windows Teams App. Whenever they speak, my audio abruptly ceases, resulting in them being unable to hear my comments or contributions. It is worth noting that they can still hear each other without any disruptions.

Regarding whether this is a known issue or intentional feature, we are uncertain at this point. We are hesitant to proceed with further upgrades until this issue is resolved, as it significantly impacts our ability to actively participate and provide immediate feedback during someone else's speaking stream. We hope that clarification and a solution will be available soon.

9 REPLIES 9
HP Recommended

Hello @MagnusDN ,

Welcome to the Poly Community.

This sounds like an far end take issue and this would need to come into support

The best and quickest way forward is to contact our Support organization as the community is run by volunteers only.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

I'm having the exact same problem with Poly X30 & X50.

HP Recommended

Hello @Brayon ,

Welcome to the Poly Community.

Please follow the same advice as I had given the original poster.

The best and quickest way forward is to contact our Support organization as the community is run by volunteers only.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Hello everyone, everything good?
I'm going through the same problem.

I have equipment in version 4.0.1.380048 - Teams App 1449/1.0.96.2023050203.

I have a case open with Microsoft, if you want to use this as an example: Case #:35771904

HP Recommended

I've had open a support case through Poly, I was told that a fix is on it way!

But right now, I don't see the fix in my Microsoft Tenant!

Poly and Microsoft have diagnosed this as an Audio processing issue and will be implementing a fix in the MTR Cloud to fix the problem. 

This fix should be implemented over the weekend starting on 6/2/23. 

Poly has tested this resolution in our Test Tenants already and proven that the audio processing change fixes the problem.

Some users may see a difference in the send mic level being a bit lower than it was previously. This can be fixed in the WebUi of the endpoint very easily.

HP Recommended

Hello @Brayon , @MagnusDN  and @Aluizio Deodato 

from another Internal ticket:

• Microsoft turned off both Echo Cancellation and Automatic Gain Control on 6/3/2023. Poly has tested this resolution in our Test Tenants already and proven that the audio processing change implemented by Microsoft fixes the problem. Some users may see a difference in the send mic level being a bit lower than it was previously. The "Transmission Audio Gain" must now be set to the MAXIMUM value of 18 dB via the WebUi, otherwise, the send audio will be barely audible at the far end. This can be fixed in the WebUi of the endpoint very easily.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

HP Recommended

Hello @MagnusDN @Brayon and @Aluizio Deodato 

please check:

*KB Article 66573*

Tech Alert:

• Customers may have low Microphone send level from Studio X30 and X50 devices to the far end of a call starting on June 5th 2023

Products Impacted:

• Studio X30 and X50  

Issue:  

• HP Poly has been receiving customer escalations around audio echo and doubletalk customers using Studio x30 and x50 devices along with customers reporting low mic send levels from Studio X30 and X50.

Root Cause: 

• HP Poly Engineering investigated these issues along with Microsoft and found that there was an issue with how the audio was being processed between the cloud and the devices. 

Fix: 

• To fix this urgent issue the decision was made by HP Poly to make an emergency change to offload all audio processing from the cloud to the local Studio X30 and X50 devices in the field.  The local devices in the field can manage the audio efficiently. While this change immediately fixed all the echo and doubletalk issues, as a result, some customers may experience a noticeable decrease in the “send” level of the mic to the far end when joined in a call.
  • If customers experience the MIC “send” level being too low, this can be fixed through the Studio X30 or X50 web interface by setting the MIC send level to 14db – 18db based on preference.

HP Recommended

That fix did not solved my problem!

HP Recommended

Hello @Brayon 

then maybe you are not running into this exact issue. Please open a case with our service organization.

Best regards

Steffen Baier

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.