Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

We have 3 HDX 8000's and one of them is doing a factory reset when we loose power.  I have looked around and have not been able to find anything yet.  Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

If the HDX detects a corrupted file during boot up it may revert back to the setup screen.  An improper shut down can cause a file to be corrupted. The HDX writes to flash memory during shutdown.  Typically if the power button is pressed and within less than 10 seconds the AC cord is pulled corruption may result.  latest releases of software have some preventative measures to reduce the possibility of corruption.  One measure is to retain video on the screen for the 15 seconds or so during shutdown.  Instead of the screen going black as soon as the power button is pressed video is retained on the screen until shutdown.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

I would suggest reloading the software back onto the system.  If it is still mis-behaving, then submit a RMA request to get the unit swapped out under maintenance.

HP Recommended

So, The HDX 8000 will lose it's setting when it loses power 3 times in a row, this is how it is set up in case of a misconfiguration of the codec. This will not happen if powered off correctly in between.  There might be another reason, but I wanted to mention this as well.

HP Recommended

that coudl be what the problem is, it is at our prison and they leave it on all the time.  I will have them turn it off more often.

thanks

HP Recommended

If the HDX detects a corrupted file during boot up it may revert back to the setup screen.  An improper shut down can cause a file to be corrupted. The HDX writes to flash memory during shutdown.  Typically if the power button is pressed and within less than 10 seconds the AC cord is pulled corruption may result.  latest releases of software have some preventative measures to reduce the possibility of corruption.  One measure is to retain video on the screen for the 15 seconds or so during shutdown.  Instead of the screen going black as soon as the power button is pressed video is retained on the screen until shutdown.

HP Recommended

Hi,

I have total 4 polycom hdx 8000 in 4 different rooms and have set around 30 presets in each.

Now for some reason my polycom has gone to factory settings. This had happened around a month back with the polycom in the other room. I cant figure out the issue. Any help will be much appreciated.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.