Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

I have recently discovered the same issue on our company notebooks and have finally figured out one of the causes of this, at least in my particular case. Both OBS and vMix were installed at the same time and I decided to try uninstalling each of them separately followed by a reboot after each uninstall. After the OBS uninstall the PC was restarted with the same issue, not fixed. Next after uninstalling vMix the controls came back after a reboot. Yeah this is great to finally figure it out though the new issue I have now is I need vMix to be installed on this PC image because they are occasionally used during general sessions for web streaming and video production. It's good at least knowing what my issue was but would really like to use vMix and Poly Lens with controls access at the same time. Hope this helps someone.

Also this is with a Poly Studio P15 and Poly Lens 1.1.15.

HP Recommended

Hi RyanM!

Thank you for your message.

I have already installed the 1.1.15 upgrade (when it came out) and it didn't change the issue. 

I attached a screenshot to this reply like you asked. My operating system is Windows 10 Pro, version 21H2. 

Thank you very much for the support!

Best regards

Andreas

HP Recommended

Hello @AndreasTh, thank you for the screenshot, and pardon my delay as I have been out of office.

From your screenshot, I can see that preview and settings are disabled, likely due to another app open (OBS, vMix, Skype, Teams etc) that could be using the video feed.

Have you been able to get that message to go away by restarting your computer and opening the app before other apps such as listed above can access the video feed?

Either way, I do see that there is only one setting available, "Color Temperature", in your screenshot.  I would recommend going to Settings -> Reset Device -> Restore Defaults to see if the settings come back.  If they do not, I would recommend opening a support ticket at support.poly.com to see if they can offer further suggestions or potentially replace the device if they find the hardware is somehow malfunctioning.

I'm sorry for your trouble with this device.  I hope you get it resolved soon!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.