Logo

Problem claiming devices

crushton
Occasional Visitor

Problem claiming devices

We recently took over a few hundred poly devices on a new customer. I cannot add them to PDMS-SP because i get this error:

"Failed to claim device(MAC). Device is associated with another profile assignment on the Poly ZTP server. Please go to the ZTP console to remove the old profile association. "

How do I free up these MAC/SN from whatever account theyre on so I can add them to mine? 

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
SteffenBaierUK
Polycom Employee & Community Manager

Re: Problem claiming devices

Hello @crushton ,

Welcome to the Poly Community.

We would need you to provide proof of purchase or somehow proof to Poly support that you now own these MAC addresses/customer wants you to administrate these as we cannot verify this.

Please work with Poly support directly as we are unable to deal with this via the medium of a community.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

----------------

If official support is required please check how to phone or open a case here

----------------
The title Poly Employee & Community Manager is a community setting and does not reflect my role. I am just a simple volunteer in the community like everybody else. All posts and words are my own & do not represent the views of Employer.

----------------

⇓⇓⇓⇓⇓⇓⇓⇓⇓⇓⇓⇓⇓⇓⇓⇓⇓⇓⇓⇓SIGNATURE ⇓⇓⇓⇓⇓⇓⇓⇓⇓⇓⇓⇓⇓⇓⇓⇓⇓⇓⇓
Notice: This community forum is not an official Poly support resource, thus responses from Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
Please also ensure you always check the VoIP , Video Endpoint , Microsoft Voice , PSTN or other FAQ's in the different sections
Message 2 of 5
crushton
Occasional Visitor

Hey @SteffenBaierUK, I've tried emailing support and called 3 times. I cannot ever get to the right team or person to help me with this. Can you provide me the right email or phone number to reach someone about this? 

Message 3 of 5
SteffenBaierUK
Polycom Employee & Community Manager

Hello @crushton 

Poly has a week of rest at present so it can be harder to get hold of our support team

Please phone or open a case here

Please provide the proof as requested.

Best regards

Steffen Baier 

----------------

If official support is required please check how to phone or open a case here

----------------
The title Poly Employee & Community Manager is a community setting and does not reflect my role. I am just a simple volunteer in the community like everybody else. All posts and words are my own & do not represent the views of Employer.

----------------

⇓⇓⇓⇓⇓⇓⇓⇓⇓⇓⇓⇓⇓⇓⇓⇓⇓⇓⇓⇓SIGNATURE ⇓⇓⇓⇓⇓⇓⇓⇓⇓⇓⇓⇓⇓⇓⇓⇓⇓⇓⇓
Notice: This community forum is not an official Poly support resource, thus responses from Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
Please also ensure you always check the VoIP , Video Endpoint , Microsoft Voice , PSTN or other FAQ's in the different sections
Message 4 of 5
crushton
Occasional Visitor

I've already tried that. Thanks anyway Steffen.

Message 5 of 5