Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Hello,

I have a Poly Studio USB Video Bar and, since the room is quite big, I would like to add an Expansion Microphone (2200-69631-001). 

I see in the different articles that "when the expansion microphone is used with the Studio USB and X50, system base microphones are not used for audio pickup" (here).

How does this affect the speaker tracking feature? Is it still working based on the external microphone or not working anymore?

Thank you in advance for your clarification!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi

As far as I know, the situation is like this:

- expansion microphone is the only one picking sound used in a conference

- build-in microphones are used for users framing

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hi

As far as I know, the situation is like this:

- expansion microphone is the only one picking sound used in a conference

- build-in microphones are used for users framing

HP Recommended

Dear LKVer,

Thank you very much. You are right! But there is hope that this changes, see the answer from POLY support below.

Regarding your inquiry about the Expansion Microphone. Because the Active Speaker Tracking requires the internal Studio microphones to identify the speaker, with the expansion Microphone this feature gets distorted. Poly is working on updates to the X Series to allow the use of expansion microphones with reliable active speaker tracking, please see the current firmware release notes for these updates.

https://support.polycom.com/content/support/north-america/usa/en/support/video/poly-studio-x-family/...

Regards,
Poly Global Services

HP Recommended

Oh, good to know. Thanks for the tip, fimit!

HP Recommended

Hi, 

Is this issue solved by Poly? or still waiting for new updates?

HP Recommended

Hello,

I have no idea, I gave up on this configuration.

I use the Poly Studio bar in a meeting room with individual microphones and I let the soundbar tracking speaker with its internal microphones. Works quite well!

The tracking software is not 100% accurate, but I think it is quite difficult, especially that this bar is recommended for maximum 6 persons and our meeting room is much bigger. Plus the noises made by the non-speaking participants closer to the bar (turning a page, etc.)

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.