Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

I recently purchased a Plantronics Voyager 5200.  I haven't fully charged it yet, but when I plug it to charge, the LED blinks blue twice, then every 8 seconds does the same thing.  I haven't read anywhere that this is normal.  Is it?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hello @sfeinbe,

Welcome to Poly Community.

The LED codes of V5200 are described in user manual so you can refer to it here. The 2 Blinking Blue LED's means battery is on mid levels (50% or above approx.). It is completely normal. It takes approximately 90 minutes to fully charge the headset; the indicator light turns off once charging is complete. If your unit still keeps blinking 2 Blue LED's post this time frame then you may have either a faulty charge case or headset battery and RMA should be done.

Please remember, if you see a post that helped you, and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accept as Solution".

The title Admin is a community setting and does not reflect my role. I am just a simple volunteer in the community like everybody else. This forum replies or post is based upon my personal experience and does not reflect the opinion or view of my employer. Poly employee participation within this community is not mandatory and any post or FAQ article provided by myself is done either during my working hours or outside working hours, in my private time, and may be answered on weekends, bank holidays or personal holidays.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

Hello @sfeinbe,

Welcome to Poly Community.

The LED codes of V5200 are described in user manual so you can refer to it here. The 2 Blinking Blue LED's means battery is on mid levels (50% or above approx.). It is completely normal. It takes approximately 90 minutes to fully charge the headset; the indicator light turns off once charging is complete. If your unit still keeps blinking 2 Blue LED's post this time frame then you may have either a faulty charge case or headset battery and RMA should be done.

Please remember, if you see a post that helped you, and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accept as Solution".

The title Admin is a community setting and does not reflect my role. I am just a simple volunteer in the community like everybody else. This forum replies or post is based upon my personal experience and does not reflect the opinion or view of my employer. Poly employee participation within this community is not mandatory and any post or FAQ article provided by myself is done either during my working hours or outside working hours, in my private time, and may be answered on weekends, bank holidays or personal holidays.

HP Recommended

I looked at the user guide before posting. The only place I found reference to charging lights was on pages 4 and 6. Those pages ONLY referred to the charge case, not the 5200 without the case. Now I know the lights to which it refers applies to both the case and the 5200 without the case.

Thank you.

HP Recommended

Hello @sfeinbe,

You can refer to attached image too.

HP Recommended

The attached image refers to the charge case NOT the headset alone. It also has inaccurate information about what happens to the LED when fully charged.

Here's the quote from the image:
"Place the headset in the charge cradle. The charging LED on the base will flash blue when charging and turn solid blue when the headset is fully charged."

"The charge cradle" and "the charging LED on the base" obviously refers to the charge case, which I do not have. Additionally, the LED does NOT turn solid blue when the headset is fully charged. According to the "User Guide:"
"...the indicator light turns off once charging is complete."

It turned off on mine as well when charging was complete.

HP Recommended

Hello @sfeinbe,

I did not meant to confuse you. The Image sort of did not got cropped as I had initially thought. The text about charging cradle was something not related to this discussion and was simply a part of a long document which somehow did not get edited correctly (To err is human). I have uploaded correct image and you just need to look at color scheme. In the previous response I just wanted to point out the LED schemes headset utilizes to depict current battery levels on it at a given point of time. You just need to look at the LED levels and what they mean in terms of battery levels.

I hope this helps.

HP Recommended

Although I figured out the light colors and sequence before your last image, I appreciate the clarification.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.