Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

I have two different Voyager 6200 Bluetooth headsets, one which I leave at work, and the other which I leave at home. I love this model of Bluetooth headset, it's the best and most practical headset I've ever had!

I currently have two separate BT600 USB dongles, one for the headset at work, and one for the headset which I keep at home.  Each headset came with its own pre-paired USB dongle.  I know that it's possible to also pair my headset with other devices (eg. my phone).  But is it possible to pair both of my Voyager 6200 headsets to one single BT600 USB dongle?  This would avoid me having to be constantly plugging and unplugging my two USB dongles. Are there any potential problems or risks if I try to do this?

I don't have enough spare USB ports on my laptop to enable me to leave both of them connected permanently.  If I could pair both headsets to the same BT600 dongle, without it risking creating problems, I could then just leave one single BT600 dongle permanently in my laptop, and it would just pair automatically to the relevant Voyager 6200 headset, irrespective of whether I'm at home or at work.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hello @Skype_Convert 

Welcome to the Poly Community.

Your headset can pair with up to 8 devices but only maintain 2 connections simultaneously & this includes the Bluetooth USB adapter as well.

In this case, BT600 will remember the connections but it will work one at a time and It is necessary to turn off the first headset before you can use the second one.  

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hello @Skype_Convert 

Welcome to the Poly Community.

Your headset can pair with up to 8 devices but only maintain 2 connections simultaneously & this includes the Bluetooth USB adapter as well.

In this case, BT600 will remember the connections but it will work one at a time and It is necessary to turn off the first headset before you can use the second one.  

HP Recommended

Hi.  Thank you for the confirmation.  Yes, I tried it earlier this week, and it is working fine. 

If I have two different Plantronics/Poly headsets paired to the BT600 dongle, does that count as two connections (two headsets) or one connection (because there is only one dongle)?

Also, I see that there is now a newer, BT700 dongle, which is much smaller (much better for leaving permanently in my laptop).  But if I understand correctly, it looks like the BT700 can only pair with 2 devices, not 8.  Is that correct?  I got this info from https://www.poly.com/ca/en/products/headsets/accessories/bt700, where it says "Remembers up to 2 devices, connects to one at a time"

HP Recommended

I realize that I'm very late to the party, but I'd like to throw in my thoughts for others who may be in the same boat.

We need to differentiate between the headsets (where most can pair up to 8 devices and connect to two at a time) and the BT700 that can pair up to two devices.

Accordingly, if you have two headsets and two dongles, you can pair both headsets to each dongle. At that point, you can't pair anything else to the dongles, but each headset still has six "slots" open to pair with something like mobile phones and the like - but will only connect to two at a time.

I use a Poly Voyager Focus 2 when I'm on longer Teams/Zoom calls or when there is lots of noise in the background and a 5200 UC for those impromptu Teams or phonecalls. Both devices are paired to two BT700's - one at the office and one at home. 

I just have to make sure that only one of the headsets is turned on, but that isn't hard - I leave the 5200 on until I get on a long Teams call, then I turn the 5200 off and the Focus 2 on.

As an aside, using the BT700 instead of a "normal" BT connection to the computer increases the range quite significantly, so using the BT700 has advantages - aside from just being able to plug the dongle into any computer and using it immediately - then unplugging it and not leaving your headset connected to the computer. That's important if it isn't your computer.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.