Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

I have two vvx 500 phones, neither will update to the new 5.4.2.2xx from 5.4.2.0.x

i agree to the terms and conditions and it will not reboot.

9 REPLIES 9
HP Recommended

Hello SteveRad,

welcome back to the Polycom Community.

Have you checked the log files ?

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended
0519193631|cfg |*|00|RT|Changed prov general
0519193631|cfg |*|00|Prov|Starting to provision
0519193631|copy |4|00|Configuration of URL failed
0519193631|copy |4|00|Configuration of URL failed
0519193631|cfg |4|00|Prov|Download of master configuration file failed
0519193631|cfg |4|00|Prov|Trying to boot from existing configuration
0519193631|cfg |4|00|Prov|Update configuration failed
0519193631|cfg |4|00|Prov|Not setting device parameters since configuration was not updated.
0519193631|cfg |*|00|Prov|Finished updating configuration
0519193642|cfg |*|00|RT|Changed prov general
0519193642|cfg |*|00|Prov|Starting to provision
0519193642|cfg |*|00|Prov|Starting to update
0519193642|copy |*|00|Server 'downloads.polycom.com' said 'voice/software/3111-44500-001.sip.ld' is not present
0519193642|cfg |*|00|Prov|Starting to update voice/software/sip.ld
0519193642|copy |*|00|Server 'downloads.polycom.com' said 'voice/software/sip.ld' is not present
0519193642|copy |4|00|Configuration of URL failed
0519193642|copy |4|00|Configuration of URL failed
0519193642|cfg |4|00|Prov|Download of master configuration file failed
0519193642|cfg |4|00|Prov|Trying to boot from existing configuration
0519193642|cfg |4|00|Prov|Update configuration failed
0519193642|cfg |4|00|Prov|Not setting device parameters since configuration was not updated.
0519193642|cfg |*|00|Prov|Finished updating configuration
HP Recommended

Hello SteveRad,

I am not aware of this issue running 5.4.x but it sounds like this:

Apr 21, 2015 Question: Unable to upgrade the Phone via the built in Software Upgrade Web Interface utility

Resolution: This is a current bug and please setup a local provisioning server as shown => here <=. Check the release notes for VOIP-97822

Your phone is looking at 

voice/software/3111-44500-001.sip.ld

but should be looking at:

voice/software/UC_Software_5_4_2D_release_sig_split/3111-44500-001.sip.ld

Please setup a local provisioning server as explained above.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

the link you provide beyond complex, 

option 1 doesnt work - no longer works

option 2  to 4

require 

• Modify the Server Type, Server Address, Server User and Server Password
  • please provide that information and steps to proceed 

HP Recommended

Hello SteveRad,

Could you kindly elaborate why Option 1 should not work? The only restriction could be a firewall on your end.

Option 2 and all other option require your own Server. This is not a huge task and allows your phone to upload logs and call lists.

Everything is explained and if you still struggle please open a service ticket.

In order to raise a support ticket you need to work with your Polycom reseller as they need to do this for you. If this is some sort of an Internet discounter please post your phone's MAC address so I can look up who would be able to support you.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

HP Recommended

failed to communicate with phone

see attached

HP Recommended

Hello SteveRad,

I really struggle how you can still have this issue when you originally posted this over a year ago.

Everything is explained and if you still struggle please open a service ticket as already advised.

You did not provide any additional logs or details on steps you have taken.

In order to raise a support ticket you need to work with your Polycom reseller as they need to do this for you. If this is some sort of an Internet discounter please post your phone's MAC address so I can look up who would be able to support you.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

HP Recommended

none of our polycom vvx 500 will update.. 

still need assistance 

BTW we have replaced the firewall with 3 competiting brands.. all the same issue will not update.. 

even whitelisted polycom.com

HP Recommended

Hello @SteveRad ,

welcome back to the Poly Community.

Both the communities Must Read First and the FAQ reference the basic minimum information a new or follow up post should contain.

This ensures the questions having to be asked are limited and any new or follow up post contains the right amount of details to ensure any voluntary participant within the community does not spend additional time chasing basic information.

As a reminder the basic information asked for:

• Provide the exact Software Version of your Phone
  • Provide the Phone Model
  • Provide the Call Platform (aka openSIP,Teams, Skype for Business Online, Skype for Business on Premise, Lync)
  • Additional Poly Infrastructure (RPRM,PDMS or BToE)
  • If applicable provide a backup of the phone in question

UC Software 4.0.0 or later via the Web Interface Utilities > Phone Backup & Restore > Phone Backup > Phone Backup. Please rename into .TXT or Zip the file to attach.
Since UC Software 5.9.0 simply provide this via the Web Interface Diagnostics > Download Support Information Package

• If possible provide a Log and either attach them or use the Code Tag.Consult the Troubleshooting Section found within the FAQ if applicable
  • If possible provide the MAC Address or Serial of the device
  • Provide details for example if the issue is a day 1 issue or only happened after an upgrade or any other relevant details
  • For questions around Support please check here

Whilst providing some of these details may not directly impact any possible answer the community can provide, it does enable Poly to have an overview of the current software used. In addition, providing all details at the same time allow us to check logs or look up potential support partners if an issue needs to come into support. It also enables us to verify the entitlement for using features.

Please ensure you always check the FAQ's and/or utilize the community search before posting any new topics or follow up post’s.

In order to raise a support ticket you need to work with your Poly reseller as they need to do this for you.

End Customers are unable to open a ticket directly with Poly support.

If this is some sort of an Internet discounter providing your MAC address or your Poly devices serial will enable us to look up who would be able to support you. This may not be who you purchased the Poly device from.

If the unit is no longer within the warranty please be prepared to Pay Per Incident / PPI. This is all outlined in detail here

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.