Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

I am trying to override server side configuration so that the corporate directory works.

But, I cannot upload a local config section without it being removed after a the phone reboots. How do you resolve this issue?

<PHONE_LOCAL

dir.corp.attribute.1.label="last name"
    dir.corp.attribute.1.name="sn"
    dir.corp.attribute.1.searchable="1"

dir.corp.attribute.2.searchable="1"
        dir.corp.attribute.2.label="first name"
    dir.corp.attribute.2.type="first_name"
      dir.corp.attribute.2.name="givenName"

dir.corp.attribute.3.label="phone number"
       dir.corp.attribute.3.name="telephoneNumber"
       dir.corp.attribute.3.type="telephoneNumber"

dir.corp.attribute.4.label="company name"
        dir.corp.attribute.4.name="o"        
        dir.corp.attribute.4.searchable="1"
       dir.corp.attribute.4.type="other"

/>
5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

If you are using a provising server you can create a phone override file.  it will be the phones mac address-phone.cfg and will go in the location designated for overrides in your base config ie 000000000000.cfg.  

Something like the attached file.

HP Recommended

I don't have access to the server side at all.

So, if our voip provider does not have an overrides location, then this won't work? Or are you saying we would have to FTP the xxxmacaddress-phone.cfg file into a certain directory?

Is there anyway to tell my phone not to use their config entirely?

HP Recommended
Hello Kyle

If they give you the registration credentials for your account there is no need for them to provision your phone.

If they do not you could ask them to add a remote location to your own server.

Details can be found when searching for this FAQ post

Oct 7, 2011 Question: What is the relevance of the 000000000000.cfg or <mac>.cfg?
Resolution: Please check => here <=

This could simply be a ftp address so when you import your own configuration the phone would upload the <mac>-phone.cfg file to your own server and download it on every reboot.

if your provider has any questions on this they should work with their Polycom account team.

Replied via a mobile device
------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

The company I am dealing with claims they will not touch their provisioning server software to accommodate.

Would it be possible to create our own ftp server, load the polycom UC software on it, copy the configuration files from a phone that imported their configuration and then point our phones to our own provisioning server that we control?

They do give you the Sip domain, outbound proxy, username and password, and authorization id.

HP Recommended
Hello

If you have all the registration details and passwords there is no requirement for you to point it to their server and setup your own server instead

Replied via a mobile device
------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.