Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

I have been trying to upgrade my IP 5000 soundstation to UC 4.x however when I download the upgrader it does not have a rom for my phones serial number 3111-30900-001. I did manage to fine a 4.3.3 rom which upgraded however none of the current updates work with it as it shows as wrong image. I have tried all the files on your support website.

I previously upgraded phones to 3.3.5 prior to upgrade to 4

Is there a bootrom that is correct for my serial. Also I have tried to phone support and they wont help as I don’t have a support contract. There seems virtually no way to get support, frustrating when I bought them as a potential reseller.

thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

i did a search and eventually found the upgrader you mentioned.

without your help i would have still been none the wiser, thank you.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Hello Mugen,

as clearly outlined in the community's VoIP FAQ post here (also replied to your other post) there are specific pre-requisites when upgrading.

This is also outlined when attempting to download the software from our Web Site and needs to be accepted before you are able to download the software:

READ THESE NOTICES BEFORE ACCEPTING THE DOWNLOAD OF POLYCOM® UC SOFTWARE 4.0.x:

1) Before you can successfully install UC Software 4.0.x onto phones running Polycom® UCS released prior to version 4.0.0, you must perform a required upgrade procedure using the Polycom® Upgrader 4.0.0 Utility.

Before you download and install Polycom® UC Software version 4.0.x or higher, Polycom strongly recommends that you review the changes to the upgrade procedures detailed in the Polycom® UC Software 4.0.0 Administrators’ Guide or newer and Engineering Advisory 64731 Polycom® UC Software 4.0.0: Upgrade and Downgrade Methods.

The above engineering advise clearly lists:

How to Upgrade to UC Software 4.0.x
Each of the following phone models has a different upgrade procedure:
 SoundStation IP 6000 or 7000 phones
 SoundPoint IP phones or SoundStation IP 5000 phones
 VVX 1500 phones

and then

Locate BootROM 4.4.0 B Upgrader and UC Software 4.0.1 under the Downloads section and save
the files onto your computer.

For the SSIP5000 you need the Upgrader software which I just downloaded and it contains the 3111-30900-001.bootrom.ld

The above process is well documented and requires this additional step as fundamental changes have been made to the software itself.

End Customers cannot raise a Ticket with Polycom support directly as your reseller is responsible to provide support to end users.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

thank you for your response.

i have downloaded the upgrader including clicking the link from the info you posted. can you post the link to the proper upgrader as i cannot find the one you mention . i've attached image of the upgrader/bootrom that i have access to .

HP Recommended

i did a search and eventually found the upgrader you mentioned.

without your help i would have still been none the wiser, thank you.

HP Recommended

Hello Mugen,

The SSIP5000 Support page =>  here <=

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.