Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Whenever I restart our Asterisk server our IP450s produce a stutter, or chirping, sound. As we're still working out bugs in the system I find myself restarting often. The sounds coming from the phone disrupt our counseling sessions. There's got to be some way to turn off all these stutter notices.

I'm also unable to turn off the voicemail stutter. And maybe this is the reason for the stutter when Asterisk restarts.

I've set stutterOnVoiceMail=0

I've set se.pat.misc.1.inst.1.type="silence", se.pat.misc.1.inst.3.type="silence", se.pat.misc.1.inst.3.type="silence"

What else am I missing?

Thanks in advance,

Jason

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

You're possibly missing these?

up.welcomeSoundEnabled="0"

up. welcomeSoundOnWarmBootEnabled="0"

HP Recommended

Also, your config to silence the voicemail notification is for older 3.2 firmware. Current 3.3 config looks like this:

<no_audible_mwi

se.stutterOnVoiceMail="0"
  se.pat.misc.messageWaiting.name="message waiting"
  se.pat.misc.messageWaiting.inst.1.type="silence"
  se.pat.misc.messageWaiting.inst.1.value="1"
  se.pat.misc.messageWaiting.inst.2.type="silence"
  se.pat.misc.messageWaiting.inst.2.value="1"
  se.pat.misc.messageWaiting.inst.3.type="silence"
  se.pat.misc.messageWaiting.inst.3.value="1"

/>

The first line removes the stuttering dial tone when a message is waiting.

HP Recommended

Thank you for the recommendations.

I'm using firmware v4.0.1

I was using a very large and outdated sip.cfg. I found the Polycom cfcUtility that transformed the pre 3.3.0 config file into a new compliant confg file.

http://community.polycom.com/t5/VoIP/FAQ-What-is-the-cfcUtility-and-where-can-I-get-it/td-p/21650

After doing that the sip.cfg was MUCH smaller and the parameters you indicated made the stutter sound go silent.

Jason

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.