Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

I am attempting to get in to the web interface.. I reset the system and it is still retaining the information from the original IT guy. We have no access to the webinterface and to Menu>Settings>Advance and cannot get in. It is pulling up an old account on a provider. How can I by pass this so I can use the 456 password

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Hello cy-quest,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

We do not disclose within this official Polycom community how to reset the Phones if the Admin Password is lost.

Many of our partners utilize these phones and offer services so we cannot publicly disclose the procedure to do so.

Please contact our support team .

We will remove any post replying to this that will publicly explain how to remove the password.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

I do not have a resllers code to get in to support. Reseller in this case does not wish to offer support. 

HP Recommended

Hello cy-quest,

if the unit is still within warranty you should be able to raise a web ticket.

If this is not the case you will need to pay a PPI fee to speak to our support team.

We from Polycom simply need to ensure that within this Polycom community we do not provide any information how to reset the password in order to protect our partners investment and their infrastructure.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Hi cy-quest

You say you have reset the system....dos that mean just the phone?  It sounds like the phone is still pulling down the config from your provisioning server that still has the admin password set as something else.  Is your provisioning string in your DHCP scope option 66?  Are you able to access the config files on your provsioning server in order to edit them?

Also software version, pbx used would help determine the best solution.

Many thanks

Dave

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.