Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

have VVX 410's and VVX300's all on 5.5.2.8571.  have tried both plantronics and sennheiser headsets and all do the same thing.  tested on 2 different cable internet connections and a fiber optic connection and used 2 different routers on each internet...same thing.  also tried backdating to a few older firmware versions and it's still happens.

whether I call or someone calls me, that person hears what they are saying (echo) repeated back to them as they speak.  they sound normal to me on my end on the polycom's and I don't have an echo when I speak on the polycoms.  If I pick up the handset or push the speakerphone buttons the echo goes away immediately on their end...put them back on the headset and the echo comes right back.  it happens if the other person is on a cell or a landline.  

im basically having the same issue this post is having:

http://community.polycom.com/t5/VoIP/Headset-Echo-Issue-with-VVX-300/m-p/93355/highlight/true#M21471

searching the faq, I found this:

http://community.polycom.com/t5/VoIP/FAQ-What-type-of-Headset-s-and-cables-are-compatible-with-my/td...

my headsets are on the compatible list but no where in there or the main FAQ can I find what to do to fix this issue.  

anyway I have to have working headsets.  hoping someone has some other things I can try to get them working on my polycoms.  I tested the headsets at a friends office that has another brand of phones and they worked fine...I really dont want to start replacing all these phones.  TIA

15 REPLIES 15
HP Recommended

Hello hodor,

welcome back to the Polycom Community.

Not knowing your configuration or any changes you made it needs support on this. We may require to provide a test headset to us as well.

In order to raise a support ticket you need to work with your Polycom reseller as they need to do this for you. End Customers are usually unable to open a ticket directly with Polycom support.

If this is some sort of an Internet discounter please post either your phone's MAC address or your Polycom devices serial so I can look up who would be able to support you. This may not be who you purchased the Polycom device from.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

only changes I've made to the config is add the lines to make the volume stay the same after every call.  

other than that its the default config.  

is there settings that I can play with that I can test if echo gets worse or better??

HP Recommended

Hello hodor,

I already replied with the next steps forward.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

not worrying about the problems I'm having with polycom's phones...are there settings or lines of code that are directly connected to adjusting echo in polycom code?  

HP Recommended

Hello hodor,

Our phones are tested using some headsets we specify we support and using a factory default configuration with a simple line there should be no Echo issues.

As we still have not seen a backup of your configuration or know the exact setup of your installation i.e. is this internal calls only or external calls or only certain calls we cannot comment.

I have already replied with the most efficient and quickest way to get this resolved.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

HP Recommended

so for all future travelers who run into this problem and have the default config like I did in my phones there is code in the phones that will fix this issue.  I asked on another forum and got an actual answer:

in the menu on the phone itself, go to "settings", then "basic", then "preferences", then "headset", then "echo cancellation" and simply turn it on.  

needs to be added to the headset faq immediately  

HP Recommended

Hello hodor,

considering that you only found one other post I will still add this to the FAQ.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

HP Recommended

I too experience the caller hears echo issue.

VVX410 (v5.4.2.7266) (Plantronics EHS Hook switch Mode & Echo Cancellation enabled.)

via EHS APP-51 38439-11 cable

to EITHER

CS540(54) OR CS500(50)

from

another phone in the system or cell phone.

Canned replies regarding policy are no helpful. What can be changed? This issue seems widely reported across numerous models.

HP Recommended

Hello polycomjm,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

I work for our support organisation and when you state it has been widely reported not a single case that I know of about was raised.

If you can always replicate this please escalate this into your Tier 1 support.

In order to raise a support ticket you need to work with your Polycom reseller as they need to do this for you. End Customers are usually unable to open a ticket directly with Polycom support.

If this is some sort of an Internet discounter please post either your phone's MAC address or your Polycom devices serial so I can look up who would be able to support you. This may not be who you purchased the Polycom device from.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.