how to disable on-hook dialing

jam
Advisor

how to disable on-hook dialing

Hi

Can anyone provide the right configuration syntax to disable the on-hook dialing feature in the VVX handsets. Just to be clear I want to disable the functionality where user can dial number from key pad (while handset is onhook) then pressing "dial" soft key to send off call. I am testing with VVX400 running firmware 5.4.7. I tried to used the below configurations to no avail. Please advise.

<ALL feature.urlDialing.enabled="0"/> 

or 

<up up.onHookDialingEnabled="0"/>

Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
SteffenBaierUK
Polycom Employee & Community Manager

Re: how to disable on-hook dialing

Hello @jam,

welcome back to the Polycom Community.

The ULR parameter has nothing to do with off hook dialing and the other parameter was for the SpectraLink 8400 series handsets only.

What is the reason for this request ?

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

----------------

If official support is required please check how to phone or open a case here

----------------
The title Poly Employee & Community Manager is a community setting and does not reflect my role. I am just a simple volunteer in the community like everybody else. All posts and words are my own & do not represent the views of Employer.

----------------

Notice: This community forum is not an official Poly support resource, thus responses from Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge. If you need immediate and/or official assistance please open a service ticket through your proper support channels.
Please also ensure you always check the VoIP , Video Endpoint , Skype for Business , PSTN or RPM FAQ's
Message 2 of 11
jam
Advisor

Client requested to limit agent phones to only be able to call 4 digit extensions. This was accomplished with modification of the digit map configuration. However we later found out that agents can bypass this limitation and actually make regular calls (10 or 7 digits) if "on-hook" dialing is performed.

Thank you

Message 3 of 11
SteffenBaierUK

Hello @jam,

Usually either the 

dialplan.x.applyToUserDial

or

dialplan.applyToUserDial

should cover this and is enabled by standard.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

----------------

----------------
The title Poly Employee & Community Manager is a community setting and does not reflect my role. I am just a simple volunteer in the community like everybody else. All posts and words are my own & do not represent the views of Employer.

----------------

Notice: This community forum is not an official Poly support resource, thus responses from Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge. If you need immediate and/or official assistance please open a service ticket through your proper support channels.
Please also ensure you always check the VoIP , Video Endpoint , Skype for Business , PSTN or RPM FAQ's
Message 4 of 11
jam
Advisor

That per guide that setting is already on by default and still digit map is not applied to on-hook dialing. For reference here is my digit map (<dialplan dialplan.digitmap="911|xxxx|*xx|#xx" />)

Message 5 of 11
SteffenBaierUK

Hello @jam,

The community's VoIP FAQ contains this post here:

Oct 7, 2011 Question: Phone unable to Dial a number when Off Hook or on 2nd Call in a Conference or Digitmap issues

Resolution: Please check => here <=

I suggest you use the above and check the digitmap. I just did a R456R123R to test and once dialed on hook and press dial it would dial 123.

The next step would be a support ticket.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

----------------

----------------

----------------

Message 6 of 11
jam
Advisor

Thanks. I have already created a support ticket and haven't reached a resolution either which makes me wonder if disabling onhook dialing is even possible.

Message 7 of 11
SteffenBaierUK

@jam

what is the SR in question?

----------------

----------------

----------------

Message 8 of 11
jam
Advisor

1-9084369056

Message 9 of 11
SteffenBaierUK

Hi all,

this is now an Enhacement Request ENH-3503

Best Regards

Steffen

----------------

----------------

----------------

Message 10 of 11