Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Hello,

Model:  VVX500

Firmware Version:  4.1.6.4835

Is there a way to disable the Directed Call Pickup feature when using BLF?  I just want the phone to display the status of the user they're watching....but not have the ability to pickup the call.

Would this be the correct line to use to disable this feature:

<feature.directedCallPickup feature.directedCallPickup.enabled="0" />

I tried adding this line in my config, but the splashscreen to pickup the call stil appears when one of the BLF users receives a call.

Thanks!

11 REPLIES 11
HP Recommended

Hi Yall,

I would also like information on disabling the screen pop associated with the Directed Call Pickup for the Users set in a BLF.

It makes no sense to my why everyone who wants blf should see what everyone else is doing and who is getting a call from who.

HP Recommended

Hello all,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

You should look into the :

attendant.behaviors.display.

Parameters.

The details are described in the Admin Guide matching your Software level.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Polycom's response does not seem to address the first part of the original request:

" Is there a way to disable the Directed Call Pickup feature when using BLF?

I have found that

<feature.directedCallPickup.enabled="0">

does not seem to have the desired effect in preventing the feature with the BLF, in my testing with a SPIP 670 on release 4.0.  I am interested in the answer to this question.  Thank you.

HP Recommended

Hello btate,

The software 4.0 is not a Polycom numbering schema and should be 4.0.0

If you are indeed running such old software I can only ask you to update to the latest UC Software 4.0.11 instead.

In addition the Parameter feature.directedCallPickup.enabled is disabled as a factory standard and his feature requires support from a SIP server and setup of this feature depends on the SIP server. 

For example, while some SIP servers implement directed call pick-up using a star-code sequence, others implement the feature using network signaling

As already stated in the original reply:

• attendant.resourceList.x.type
    The type of resource being monitored and the default action to perform when pressing the line key adjacent to
    monitored user x.
    If normal, the default action is to initiate a call if the user is idle or busy and to perform a directed call pickup if the
    user is ringing. Any active calls are first placed on hold. Note that the value normal applies the call appearance
    setting attendant.behaviors.display.*.normal.
    If automata, the default action is to perform a park/blind transfer of any currently active call. If there is no active call
    and the monitored user is ringing/busy, an attempt to perform a directed call pickup/park retrieval is made. Note that
    the value automata applies the call appearance setting attendant.behaviors.display.*.automata=0.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Anyone able to disable direct call pickup feature on BLF? 

I've tried the recommended parameter and it never worked. 

HP Recommended

Hello k24money,

It is always useful to include the currently used SIP or UC Software version as issues experienced or a question asked may already be addressed in a newer release.

Please also include if you are using a SIP server or a LYNC / Skype for Business server.

This also allows yourself and others to check against current software release notes, Administrator Guides or FAQ post’s.

The above is also stated in the "Read First"

Therefore the Polycom VoIP FAQ contains this post here:

Question: How can I find out my SIP or UC Software Version of my Phone?
Resolution: Please check here

In addition it is useful to state what Polycom phone type you are using and maybe post the configuration you tested and how you tested this.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

HP Recommended

Sorry to resurrect an old post, but we were looking for a solution to prevent directed call pickup on BLF and wanted to share what we've found since there doesn't seem to be anyone with a solution readily available online. 

While there isn't an explicit parameter to disable directed call pickup, we've found that we can achieve this with the following parameters:

call.directedCallPickupMethod = legacy (this is the default)

call.directedCallPickupString=""

With call.directedCallPickupString set to an empty string, the phone will simply dial the extension associated with a BLF without dialing any star sequence first. Thus, the phone doesn't initiate a directed call pickup, but simply dials the extension associated with the BLF. This is exactly the behavior we wanted.

Tested on VVX 301 with UC 5.4.3; YMMV with other models and firmware versions.

HP Recommended

Thank you so much! In my VVX 500 configuration, the clause:

attendant.behaviors.display.spontaneousCallAppearances.normal="0"

did the trick. Default value is "1".

Best regards from a proud Polycom phones (VVX 500, SoundPoint IP 650) customer from Spain.

HP Recommended

Are these parameters in the phone configuration or in the SIP configuration? 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.