Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Hi,

s/n 0004f2318b24

BootRom 4.2.2.0710

SIP.ld v3.2.3.1734

I have an IP335 I bought used. I have given it a static IP address on my local LAN.  I can ping it but I can't connect to it via HTTP.  I'm guessing there's an option to enable/disable HTTP access but I cannot find it.

So I decided just to set it back to defaults. I don't have a TFTP server set up here at my office. I tried Reset Local Config and Reset Dev. Settings but they don't help, probably because I have no TFTP server for it to find (as per one of your FAQs).  Also tried 1357, no help. I have read that there's another choice in addtion to Reset to Local, Reset Dev., and Format but not on this phone. Also some docs say that 1357 will result in being asked for a removed by the moderator but I am only asked for the 456 paswd.

Any ideas why I can ping but not access it, and what's the easiest way to get rid of current settings if have no TFTP server?  If I must have a TFTP server, please point me toward correct firmware files.

Thanks Much

Phil Wells

Giant Step Communications

San Diego

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hello Phil,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

The community's VoIP FAQ contains this post here:

Oct 7, 2011 Question: How can I setup my Phone / Provisioning / Download Software? Resolution: Please check => here <=

Above explains in detail how to provision a phone via FTP and mentions all needed steps. This is a similar procedure for TFTP.

I have removed the reference posted above as Polycom does not publicly explain how to reset a changed password in public in order to protect our customers investment.

Please read the admin guide describing this functionality as this has to be done when the phone powers up.

Any further reference will be removed.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Hi Steffen,

My main issue is "why can't I talk to the phone's HTML interface, yet i CAN ping it". I've worked with a handful of your Soundpoint phones and have never witnessed this.

I will look at the link provided and let you know what happens.

Thanks

Phil

HP Recommended

Hello Phil,

the prior owner has either disabled the Web Interface or simply changed the port from the standard port 80.

Both settings cannot be changed via the Phone Gui and as you are not aware of the password you must reset the unit whilst rebooting.

You are aware of the method already but we will not post this here in the community.

Once reset and provisioned you can make any changes you like.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.