Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

I'm just wondering is there a way to show on polycom's dispaly inforamtion that calls are forwarded to another extension.

i switched off local call forawarding there is only server based call forawrding.

server is asterisk. 1.4.37

the best solution would be

dial *21*number [DIAL ].

and then on the screen i will see sth like "CF active to 4333" for example.

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Short answer: no

Long answer: There is server based call forwarding that might be able to be made to work with Asterisk, but it would have to wait until at least UC 4.0.0 firmware to be released as the options are not properly documented and do not appear to work in UC 3.3.1. Then even if it is possible, it will still take some significant tweaking.

The only thing you could do in the meantime is rig up something with the microbrowser idle screen and a webpage that identifies the requesting phone, queries asterisk for the forwarding status, and displays the information. The approach is convoluted but has the best chance of actually working.

HP Recommended

i was thinking something simmilar but i'm not too good at microbrowser programming. maybe you have some hints for the beginner.

best Maciej

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.