Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Steffen,

You are full of completely useless talking points.  Ever consider a job at the White House?  The run-around, buck passing, and finger pointing are impeccable. 

For the rest of you, we have been working on this issue for over a year.  We have been back and forth with Polycom's technical "support" many, many times.  Recreating the issue is nearly impossible since it doesn't happen on every call.  They ask for the impossible PCAP because they know it will just send you back into your hole and you won't bother them for a while, hence, they don't have to do anything more, since it's now back in your lap. 

Polycom support claimed that "they've never heard of this problem" when we brought it to them AGAIN a few weeks ago.  Nevermind the various posts on this forum regarding this specific issue -- including one from US over a year ago.

We've recently been able to provide a PCAP, and they don't even know how to read it.  It is fantasically insane.  I'm curious to know what ridiculous task they'll ask for next.  Maybe they'll ask us to collect moon dust.

We've tried various iterations of 4.x and 5.x firmware.  Interestingly, the 5.1.x seemed to make it worse.

Bottom line:  Polycom doesn't have a clue. 

Hey Polycom!  Why not just tell us you're working on it and you don't know what's causing it yet?  Sure would be better than the duck and pass.  Sheesh.

HP Recommended

Hello seriously?,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

I am unsure how to reply to your post as you unfortunately have not provided any information at all.

As you can see by the prior replies of other users some of them are using SIP and others are using LYNC.

Both cannot be simply compared and need intensive troubleshooting and support. The community does not provide free support and highlights this => here <= and in the VoIP FAQ in detail.

My replies to other users simply highlight the correct escalation path to ensure they receive the professional support they require.

In order to assist or at least follow this up internally I would kindly ask you for the following:

• Polycom support ticket number starting with a 1-
  • Call server used?
    LYNC or SIP
  • Phone model’s used?
  • Have you tried other manufacturers phones?

If our team is unable to replicate the issue we simply require the issue to appear in your individual network as otherwise we are not able to attempt and reproduce this in our lab.

I cannot comment on your individual support case as I am not aware of the ticket that you have logged.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Hey All,

I have many customers with the same issues. We are using Asterisk 1.4 in our NOC and the customer's site has an EdgeMarc router that gives us the ability to do packet captures. I am attaching some here. The capture was on the EdgeMarc listening on the LAN interface. I have seen this behavior firsthand, and we are not falsifying the information. In this capture, both streams are present, and you can listen to both in the capture, but during this test, extension 110 was unable to hear extension 200.

Rob Whitlatch

VoIP Engineer

HP Recommended

Hello extremerotary,

like with any other support issues this needs to be raised via your Polycom reseller to be brought to the attention of Polycom support.

We need the following:

• Unfiltered Wireshark trace from a spanned port on the phone end
  • Phone App & Boot logs
  • Backup of the Phone configuration

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Hey Steffen,

If that's the way we need to go, I will encourage my customer to do so and provide the requested information to their vendor. We promote Polycoms (and have over 10,000 endpoints using them on our network), but do not sell them - we have third party vendors for that. Although I find it frustrating that everything must go through a vendor, I do understand the support process as my company does not support the end users, only our resellers. 

If it helps, I did provide the wireshark trace mirroring eth0 of the router where the phone is plugged in. For fun I've attached the boot logs and app logs since my customer does not have access to my provisioning server as well as all the configuration files (minus the sip URI and password).

HP Recommended

Hello extremerotary,

as explained this needs to be raised with support.

Could you also clarify that your issue is resumed as in the subject of this post when the call is placed on hold and then resume ?

If no then the post should have not been replied here.

Only looking briefly at the wireshark trace and the logs.

The phone was initially configured with the completely wrong config and the logs is full of errors when starting up.

I hope the phone was factory reset before configuring it with the basic config that was attached.

In addition I can see you use tcpIpApp.port.rtp.mediaPortRangeStart="15000" but the phone is still sending the RTP from port 2234.

The Software the phone is running is UCS 5.0.2 which is outdated by the latest UCS 5.2.0

I would suggest:

• Factory default the phone (if not already done)
  • Use the basic configuration after upgrading to UCS 5.2.0

If the issue still occurs raise it via the Polycom reseller.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

HP Recommended

I am also seeing an issue with ICE negotiations with only one Edge server.  Audio works perfectly if the VVX 500 phone has a public IP address, but fails in both directions when using NAT.  On version 5.2.0.8330 and Lync 2013.

HP Recommended

Hello John Locket,

As already advised to the original poster please raise a Ticket with your Polycom reseller.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

HP Recommended

I also have this issue as well.  It looks like the VVX phone isn't sending an invite back to the call manger.  I tried a few  versions of firmwares and it doesn't seem to help.  It is wierd because some VVX phones in the office work and others don't.  

I tried opening a ticket with the vendor that sold the phones to us and I may be switching vendors. The response hasn't been good.  It has been quite a while since the last post was updated so I'm wondering if a fix was ever found?

HP Recommended

Hello mark.nie,

As you can see this post is quiet old. 

Like many other posters before you it is of utter importance rather than quote to have tried certain software version to simply list them.

It is therefore always useful to include the currently used SIP or UC Software version as issues experienced may already be addressed in a newer release.

Please also include if you are using a SIP server or a LYNC server

This also allows yourself and others to check against current software release notes.

The above is also stated in the "Read First: Welcome to the Polycom VoIP Forum"

Therefore the Polycom VoIP FAQ contains this post here:

Question: How can I find out my SIP UC Software Version or the BootROM Version of my Phone?
Resolution: Please check here

Your post mentions a call manager.

Are you talking about a Cisco CUCM?

If yes then the VVX Phones are neither supported or tested on that Platform.

As you replied to an older post we do not know if this is about SIP or LYNC as both is being discussed here so it is useful to mention this.

Prior posters claim to have raised a Polycom support ticket as they state they worked with Polycom support but none of these ever provided the relevant Polycom support ticket reference.

Polycom support is unable to troubleshoot anything if we are not given a chance to look at the issue at hand.

To cut a long reply short, please ensure you contact your Polycom reseller so they can open a ticket for you with Polycom support.

If this fails please provide me with a MAC address of a phone in question and I can check this internally and point you to the right people.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.