Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Are there any instructions on how to setup The zero touch deployment of The soundpoint 331 and The 560?  I have a TFTP server setup and option 66 set on my dhcp server.  The Cisco spa models are getting their configs without me laying a single finger on them but The polycom I am having to set The protocol to TFTP, enter The server IP, and set The dhcp option to 66 before it will grab The config.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Brandon

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

you have to set option 160 on your dhcp server.

then you will have almost zero touch deployment.

As i Know Polycom doesn't support Zero Tuch Provisiong based on sip mulitcasting, yet. let's jope yet 🙂

if you need details how to configure option 160 let me know

HP Recommended

fo linux you have to set in dhcpd.conf

on the begiining before you define scope

option option-160 code 160 = string;

and then in the scope options:

option option-160           "tftp://192.168.1.1";

in Windows server

first define custom option in server options. Right mouse click on DHCP server --> set predefined options --> add

enter code as 160, and data type as string.

then you are able to add option 160 into scope. scope --> configure options. Value should be like tftp://192.168.1.1

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.