Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

I have a new Soundstation IP 7000 and when I try to go to that Soundstation's IP address to manage it via the web, I get an pop up window for the user name and password. This is very different than what I see in the manual. I tried the user name of "Admin" with the default password and even "User" with "123" with no luck.

Any ideas?

Thank you.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hello ,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

We encourage all users to read the Welcome Post, the FAQ and use the Forum Search.

Looking at the Admin Guide would challenge your statement about the default user/password.

The Username is Polycom 

The User Password is 123

The Admin Password is 456

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN

View solution in original post

14 REPLIES 14
HP Recommended

Hello ,

We encourage all users to read the Welcome Post, the FAQ and use the Forum Search.

Looking at the Admin Guide would challenge your statement about the default user/password.

The Username is Polycom 

The User Password is 123

The Admin Password is 456

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Thank you! I'm  not sure what I was reading that gave me the other logins. I'm in and it's working great.

Thanks again.

Jim

HP Recommended

I know where you got it - IP7000_UserGuide_UCS_4_0_1.pdf, section 1-9 where it clearly states:

"4. From the Web Configuration Utility login screen, select User, and enter
the user password. The factory default password for a User is 123."

On the same page it also says:
"For detailed information on accessing, navigating, and using the utility, see the Polycom Web Configuration Utility User Guide available from the SoundStation IP 7000 Support page."
There is no "Polycom Web Configuration Utility User Guide" on the Soundstation IP 7000 support page.

These phones are a big enough PITA to configure...this sort of documentation conflics don't make it any better.

HP Recommended

Hello jlutes,

I am unsure of your reply to this older post.

Polycom constantly improves the software of our phones and make changes to improve the accessibility.

These changes are documented in the Release Notes and Admin Guides.

In addition Polycom releases User Guides and other documentation matching the phones Software Versions.

If in doubt please work with your Polycom reseller for further support or utilize the VoIP community and its FAQ to answer the most common questions.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

HP Recommended

HI 

I too having the same Issue.

I tried all the combination

Password : Polycom

Username :123 and 456 and SpIp

Please help me on this

Regards,

Ramkumar.T

HP Recommended

Hello Ramkumar,

This post already outlined all the possibilitys and was rated as solved by the original poster.

We do not disclose within this official Polycom community how to reset the Phones if the Admin Password is lost.

Many of our partners utilize these phones and offer services so we cannot publicly disclose the procedure to do so.

Please contact the person who sold you the phone in order to get the password .

We will remove any post replying to this that will publicly explain how to remove the password.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

HP Recommended

If you are connecting via a browser then try using something other than Explorer, worked for me, could not get passed the default password of 456 until I used Chrome, and then it worked

HP Recommended

yes you cant login with IE11 had to use firefox then it worked fine  Admin password = 456

HP Recommended

Hi friends!

I just live the same problem in a new customer and I could access with:

User: Polycom
Password: 123456

I see you

Spoiler

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.