Voip over wireless with polycom 650

SMiller
Occasional Visitor

Voip over wireless with polycom 650

I have spoken to our vendor all day today. I need answer to this question. I have a wireless hotspot that is high capacity DSL. I have a polycom 650 VOIP phone. I have tried to use a linksys RE1000 extender as a bridge with no luck. Is it possible to hook up the Polycom 650 in anyway through a wireless network?
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
SteffenBaierUK
Polycom Employee & Community Manager

Re: Voip over wireless with polycom 650

Hello SMiller,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

The phone does not care what kind of connectivity the link is other than a valid ethernet connection.

As long as the bandwidth is sufficient this should work.

Any issues in regards registration would need to be troubleshot.

The Community FAQ has a troubleshooting post explaining this.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

----------------

If official support is required please check how to phone or open a case here

----------------
The title Poly Employee & Community Manager is a community setting and does not reflect my role. I am just a simple volunteer in the community like everybody else. All posts and words are my own & do not represent the views of Employer.

----------------

Notice: This community forum is not an official Poly support resource, thus responses from Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge. If you need immediate and/or official assistance please open a service ticket through your proper support channels.
Please also ensure you always check the VoIP , Video Endpoint , Skype for Business , PSTN or RPM FAQ's
Message 2 of 3
SMiller
Occasional Visitor

Re: Voip over wireless with polycom 650

I have the bridge set up as a different Ip than the wireless hotspot.  Do I designate the IP gateway as the bridge or hotspot?  

Message 3 of 3