Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

hai,

Not the kinda person who will ask for help very quickly, I'm keen on finding answers myself. 9 out of 10 that'll do. But I could not find a clue on this:

I've managed a couple of Trio8800 devices with success using configuration files and skype4B2015OnPrem for firmware deployment. I have a fundamental idea on these machines and how they work. It's been a joy.

We've purchased four more Trio8800 together with Visual+Pro with EagleEye cube cams. I know how to get to the Visual via Web Console and how pairing workings etc. No problem there. It's the cameras that the Visual won't recognize. I think, firmware. That's where my journey ended..

I've got Trio8800 on 5.9.2, the Visual devices are on Release - 6.1.9-500016. I found 6.2.2.1 on https://support.polycom.com/content/support/north-america/usa/en/support/voice/polycom-trio/polycom-.... great.

Now the question, how to firmware upgrade the Visual?

If I go on the web console to Admin | General | Software updates, there's some choices.

Software server: I'm behind a proxy, no proxy settings on de Visual. This is not an option.

Manual update:Browse to a packet, upload and go. Seems like the way to go!

But, the downloaded file "polycom-gseries-release-6.2.2.1-600016.tar" won't upload.

So I'm stuck. now what?

I've read about the TRIO doing the heavy lifting once paired, does that include firmware upgrades? and ...how? can't find anything on that.

any help?

regards, Roman.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hello @rvdmeulen 

I replied >here< to a user as the GroupSeries, for example, needs an interim step to upgrade.

I suggest you try this first and then upgrade to 6.2.2.1

I am checking internally why this is missing in the release notes and if applicable get it added.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

Hi @ rvdmeulen,

You have two options for installing Trio VisualPro software 6.2.2.1:
Download the 6.2.2.1 software from the Poly Trio 8800 or Poly Trio 8500 page at Polycom Support and make an update via USB-Dongle. 

In the Trio VisualPro or RealPresence Group Series system web interface, go to Admin Setting >
General Settings > Software Updates > Software Server

HP Recommended

Hello @rvdmeulen 

I replied >here< to a user as the GroupSeries, for example, needs an interim step to upgrade.

I suggest you try this first and then upgrade to 6.2.2.1

I am checking internally why this is missing in the release notes and if applicable get it added.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Hai Steffan,

Thank you for replying.

Sounds plausible, I'll give that a try and give feedback on the results.

gr, Roman.

HP Recommended

Steffan,

That does indeed seem to be the necessary step.

I've got 6.2 from https://support.polycom.com/content/support/north-america/usa/en/support/voice/polycom-trio/polycom-... and uploaded it in the Visual's web console. It transferred... yes.

But, then I got the question to enter a software key... wait, what? uhmm.... I can't remember having received a software key with the devices.

screenshot attached.

updated cancelled, couldn't go further. help?

HP Recommended

Hello @rvdmeulen 

the VisualPro was originally not developed for usage with the Poly Trio and therefore some of the GroupSeries characteristics are embedded into the software.

The GroupSeries or other devices before need an upgrade key in order to anyone to use a certain software.

The Video FAQ explains this here:

Jun 22,2014 Question: How can I activate / check / verify / recover my license?
Answer: 
Please check this post in the Software Licensing section => here <=

A text file with the name sw_keys.txt should be created. The format should be:

U <Tabulator>Serial<Tabulator>Key

An example is attached to this FAQ >here<

I added additional details and an example of a Key. Simply logon to the Poly portal and get your key. Your Poly reseller may need to do this for you or call our team with the device serial.

The Software Upgrade can be done using a USB Stick with both the Software and the Key on it in one go or in your example simply paste the key into the relevant field.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

HP Recommended

ah, wait

https://community.polycom.com/t5/Software-Licensing/FAQ-How-can-I-activate-check-verify-recover-my-l...

I logged in, followed the upgrade links and put in the serialnr. I got the software key. nice.

Steffan, thank you. You guidance has helped me

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.