Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Hello, i use a VVX600 with external camera a couple of monts without any problems. Current software version is 4.1.6.

The automatic start video option is on.

Now i have the problem that the camera is working with a small red camera picture wat says that video is disabled. When i'm on a call i have to push "start video" to switch on the video. After the call the red icon will come back.

Tried a factory reset on the phone, problem stays.

Any ideas?? 

13 REPLIES 13
HP Recommended

Hello a.onderwater,

I just did a quick test using UCS 4.1.6 on a VVX500 and VVX600 and an Asterisk Server and once the called phone answers it receives Video from the VVX600 without issue.

The called phone does not require to have a camera in order to receive video.

Starting calls from either VVX500 or VVX600 will always result in two way video.

If you still encounter this issue in your setup to test UCS 4.1.7 and if this still fails please work with your Polycom reseller.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

The problem is the build quality of the camera. When we twist the camera open, the red disabled camera icon still exists. When we twist the lever a little bit more the camera works, but when we release our finger the camera switch off. The camera’s we have send back to our reseller have all the same problem! (and the problem allways comes after a couple of weeks)

The only strange thing is: when we are on a call and the remote party supports video, we can touch “Start video” and it works. When we finish the call, the red icon is back again.

Maybe it is possible to program a “video allways on” feature in an future firmware. That will make us and our reseller much happier!

HP Recommended

Hello a.onderwater,

have you got details of a Polycom SR or an RMA number so I can bring this to the attention of the Polycom product manager ?

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

7 years later and we have this exact same problem.  The "no video" icon is overlaying the actual video of the working camera while we're not on a call.  When we initiate calls, the video does not automatically start.  If we touch the Video soft button followed by the Start Video button, the phone transmits the video signal as expected.

Settings > Basic > Video > Video Call Settings > Auto Start Video Tx is set to Enabled.

UCS version 5.9.6.2327

FreePBX version: 14.0.16.4 (Asterisk 16.15.1)

HP Recommended

Hello @shdwlynx ,

Welcome back to the Poly Community.

The original poster never provided these details so I could not follow this up internally.

I am not aware of a build quality issue with either the original VVX USB camera or the later EagleEye Mini USB 

As you have not provided any details of the camera. Is this is a used camera aka did this ever work or is this a brand new camera?

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

HP Recommended

This was a new camera when purchased (although I've had it for a few years), and, as stated, it appears to work properly as far as capturing video.  I have two coworkers with this same exact setup and they have the same exact issues.

• Is the "no video" symbol supposed to disappear when you open the shade all the way?
  • Should that auto-initiate video at the start of a call when you have it open already?
  • If you don't have it open at the start of a call, is it supposed to start video automatically just by opening the shade all the way?

I think I have the basic VVX USB camera.  The software shows the camera version as 1.0.0 if that helps at all.

HP Recommended

Hello @shdwlynx ,

just to reiterate, the camera worked for years but has not stopped working?

Normal manufacturers warranty is 1 year. The reseller may offer a local 2-year warranty. Anything outside of this is unfortunately nothing I could think of.

It is unusual as this is not the known Poly quality of our products but that does not help you. I can only recommend using the workaround as discovered.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

HP Recommended

The camera works fine.  The shade opens and closes and it sends video just as it should, but only once you tap the Video->Start Video soft buttons.  This makes be believe that the physical camera is working properly.  It's the phone software that doesn't seem to be working properly in that it isn't automatically starting the video and isn't properly detecting that the shade is open (hence why it shows the "no video" icon).

As I stated, this is happening for my coworkers who also have the same camera, so I doubt it's a flaw with the physical camera, unless you think that all of the cameras' shade detection switches are not functional?

You mention some workaround - what is the workaround?

HP Recommended

Hello @shdwlynx ,

I was talking about your workaround aka tapping the start Video. I just tested this using a VVX501 with a VVX Camera and do you see the self-view top right when idle?

Closing the shutter whilst idle will show the red no camera icon. If you close this during a call the video to the far end stops. Opening again does automatically start the video.

Based on this I cannot replicate your issue so it must be either a setting on the phone config causing this and/or a fault affecting the batch of cameras you are using.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.