Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Yes, the self-view shows video even when not on a call (if the shade is open, of course), but always shows the red no camera icon.  Maybe it's an issue only with the firmware in the VVX600 line, not recognizing when the shade is open?  Otherwise, the shade microswitch could be bad or the camera firmware has a bug.

I've dug through all the phone's camera settings and all my settings indicate that it is setup to start video automatically but does not, yet the soft-button path works, which is strange (I'd think the phone didn't detect video properly so would refuse to start sending video).

HP Recommended

Hello @shdwlynx 

just tested a VVX600 also on 5.9.6 with two different cameras and it just works. When sitting idle the red led is showing on the camera. During a successful Video call (no extra softkey needed) the LED shows green.

Not sure what is wrong with yours but anything beyond this, aka if no other volunteer answers the next step would be a PPI / Pay Per Incident support ticket.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Oddly, my camera's LED isn't on at all, regardless of whether the shade is open or closed or I'm on a call and transmitting video or not.  That said, I have seen it on recently but I'm not sure of the scenario.

I did a soft reboot (held 1+3+0) and the camera's LED did blink through its various color states, so I know the LED is functional.  It rebooted several times, doing an update which is strange, since I'm the admin and I didn't tell it to update.  Ultimately, it came back up and nothing changed.

I then tried a hard reset (disconnected power) and same behavior.

HP Recommended

Is there any way to run a test on the camera from the phone?  Other than making a call, of course.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.