VVX500 shows unwanted single speeddial entry on homescreen

pdz
Occasional Advisor

Re: VVX500 shows unwanted single speeddial entry on homescreen

I just found some configuration files in the broadsoft platform:

%BWMACADDRESS%-directory.xml

Currently using configuration file:/var/broadworks/IpDeviceConfig/type/AP-PolycomUC-AUTH/%BWMACADDRESS%-directory.xml.template

In this file the %BWSPEEDDIAL-LIST% is located, should I try to delete the line and see what happens?

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" standalone="yes"?>
<directory>
<item_list>
%BW-MULTI-BLOCK-START%
<item>
<ln>%BWLASTNAME-LIST-RIGHT%</ln>
<fn>%BWFIRSTNAME-LIST-LEFT%</fn>
<ct>%BWNUMBER-LIST%</ct>
<sd>%BWSPEEDDIAL-LIST%</sd>
<rt/>
<dc/>
<ad>0</ad>
<ar>0</ar>
</item>
%BW-MULTI-BLOCK-END%
</item_list>
</directory>

Message 11 of 15
SteffenBaierUK
Polycom Employee & Community Manager

Hello Peter,

the <sd>%BWSPEEDDIAL-LIST%</sd> is the part of the favorites.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

----------------

If official support is required please check how to phone or open a case here

----------------
The title Poly Employee & Community Manager is a community setting and does not reflect my role. I am just a simple volunteer in the community like everybody else. All posts and words are my own & do not represent the views of Employer.

----------------

Notice: This community forum is not an official Poly support resource, thus responses from Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge. If you need immediate and/or official assistance please open a service ticket through your proper support channels.
Please also ensure you always check the VoIP , Video Endpoint , Skype for Business , PSTN or RPM FAQ's
Message 12 of 15
pdz
Occasional Advisor

Yes, that's clear but this is the part iIdon't want or need...

Can I safely edit this piece of code to eliminate the unwanted speeddial entry in the homescreen?

Message 13 of 15
SteffenBaierUK
Polycom Employee & Community Manager

Hello Peter,

from a Polycom perspective the <sd></sd> is not required.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

----------------

If official support is required please check how to phone or open a case here

----------------
The title Poly Employee & Community Manager is a community setting and does not reflect my role. I am just a simple volunteer in the community like everybody else. All posts and words are my own & do not represent the views of Employer.

----------------

Notice: This community forum is not an official Poly support resource, thus responses from Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge. If you need immediate and/or official assistance please open a service ticket through your proper support channels.
Please also ensure you always check the VoIP , Video Endpoint , Skype for Business , PSTN or RPM FAQ's
Message 14 of 15
TTMing
Frequent Advisor

try to rename the %BWMACADDRESS%-directory.xml.template file instead.  This file is enables the speed dial line. 

Message 15 of 15