Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Hello,

I have a customer that is using a hosted phone service (Jive) and they have VVX410s across the board.  The customer was migrated from an Avaya IP Office 500 system.  On that system they had the ability to park a call and unpark a call using a Park 101 & Park 102 button.  The display would show a call waiting on the chosen Parking Slot so they'd know which Park Button to push to unpark the call.

We have recreated this same scenario on the Polycom, by creating Park 101 & Park 102 soft keys that are shown during an active call.  We also created 2 speed dials/line keys labeled Unpark 101 and Unpark 102.  Pressing either Park soft button does a blind transfer to the approporialte parking slot.  Pressing the appropriate Unpark button simply speed dials the designated parking spot.

The park and unpark logic works fine, however the call presence is not working correctly on the 410. Both of the Unpark buttons have a small X next to the icon.  I have reproduced this same exact configuration on a VVX300, 500, & 600 and they all show the icon without an X and when you transfer to them, an indicator shows that there is a call parked on the line.

I've attached a screen shot of the 410 & the 600 to show the difference on the icons.

UC Software Version      5.1.1.2986

Updater Version              5.3.1.2939

Why is this happening on the VVX410 only?  Is this a bug or something we are overlooking?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hello Jermaine Johnson,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

The software is absolutely the same on both phones so I am unsure why there is a difference.

UC Software 5.1.1 is no longer supported so I can only ask you to try UC Software 5.4.0 or 5.3.1 and if the same shows there raise a case via your Polycom reseller with Polycom support.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Hello Jermaine Johnson,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

The software is absolutely the same on both phones so I am unsure why there is a difference.

UC Software 5.1.1 is no longer supported so I can only ask you to try UC Software 5.4.0 or 5.3.1 and if the same shows there raise a case via your Polycom reseller with Polycom support.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Updating to the latest software seemed to resolve the issue.  Thank you!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.