Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

I have a polycom VVX410 with 5.3.1.0436 and when I make a call to the phone (via PSTN - cisco gateway) it does not ring. 

I get the messages -

0907100402|cfg |5|00|Prm|Parameter call.autoAnswer.SIP requested type 2 but is of type 7
0907100403|ice |4|00|ICE Bandwidth check result: insufficient bandwidth for the call reported
0907100403|so |4|00|SoMediaSessEvLclAnswerSdpAvailable in Offering state - call disconnect due to failed ICE bandwidth check

Outbound calls work (peer to peer and PSTN) and inbound PSTN calls work to Lync client, CX600 phone and SNOM. I have the G711A codec selected on the phone (matching the gateway dial peers). The CAC is set to 62k per call.

Any ideas, can't (easily) find the ICE settings on the phone (these are disabled on the SNOM)?

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Hello Robin,

welcome back to the Polycom Community.

I believe our ICE implementation ask 64 kbps + 20 kbps for (rtcp ports) which adds up to 84kbps which would explain the message you are receiving.

I would suggest you work with a Polycom sales engineer directly to correctly support and work this issue with you to set the correct expectations for this.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

I did some further and investigation on this and my findings -

-> The original issue is with a user homed to a non local Lync server (SIP trunks -> Lync server -> WAN to site -> phone), curious as all other phones work fine.

-> Tested with a "local" user (PSTN -> Gateway -> Lync server -> LAN -> phone) works fine.

Obviously I'm confused as to why an outbound call would work and not an inbound call? Is there a way to turn off the ice checking?

I'll bump up the CAC settings to double check.

Robin.

ps. Thank you, nice to be back!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.