Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

HI we have a client newly installed that has a receptionist.

We are using a VVX410 with 3 expansion modules.

Firmware is : 5.4.0.5841 (tried previous one also)

I can provision de 12 line keys on the phone juste fine.

The first 2 expansions modules are working fine and the config applies as it should.

My problem is with the third module.

I have continued the provisioning the same way but nothing wants to show on that module.

I'm using the "BLF" mode so the "automata" behavior can work.

I tried using "speeddials" instead but still a no go.

I really need help figuring this one out, espacially since my first two expansion modules are working so I must be doing "something" right.

Please note that we are suing the " lineKey.reassignment.enabled="1" " feature so we can order our BLF as we like with the spacing needed. I have "set" my line keys with the value "unassigned" for the spacing and using the "BLF" category for the rest.

So I can "understand" where I am I have ordered my "attendant.ressourcelist.xx" with the same "line key ID" so it's easier to follow.

I have posted my config file so you can review it.

All the help I can get is muhc appreciated.

François Collerette

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hello Francois Collerette,

You purchased this phone in question from Scansource. Scansource is your level 1 support contact for you in this case.

Please work with Scansource as they can open a Polycom support ticket for you.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN

View solution in original post

16 REPLIES 16
HP Recommended

I know that for this problem it is probably not relevant, but we are usinf FreePBX with the endpoint manager.

We are provisioning all or other phones with the endpoint manager but because of the complexity of the receptionist module .. it is a manual configuration. (not using the provisioning module)

HP Recommended

Could I kindly as you if  you ever found a resolution for your initial post => here <= ?

I did remind you of this in your last new query but it would be good if you could keep these old post's updated prior to posting new questions.

To my knowledge we only support a maximum of 50 BLF / Attendant or Buddy watch occurrences so your example contains more and therefore is not supported.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Excuse me for asking but ... why do you make a phone compatible with 3 expansion (maximum of 264 line keys) if it does not support it ?

Is it because we are using a VVX410 ? Does the VVX500 ou VVX600 can do more ?

HP Recommended

Having all these keys available does not automatically make the phone compatible to allow over 250 separate attendant / BLF registrations or Buddy watching.

The phone has to track each and every one of these and 50 is the maximum we support.

You can still utilize the other free keys for Lines or Speed Dials etc.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

HP Recommended

I'm pretty sure I read in your documentation that is supported more.

You sure it's the same limit for all the VVX models ?

HP Recommended

50 Busy Lamp Field / BLF / Attendant or Buddy Watch occurances is the limit for all current VVX Business Media Phones.

Please have a look => here <=

QUOTE:

• Are there any limits on BLF/Hunt Group Configurations? There is a limit of 50 BLF lines that can be supported in BroadWorks R19, which also sets the limit permitted to be added to a VVX phone

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

HP Recommended

Ok let look at my problem in another way.

I will "convert" some of my BLF to speeddials.

Now how can I make to speeddials work like the "automata" ?

'cause that's my problem.

If I use the "speeddial" feature, the receptionist as to press the trasnfert button, press de speeddial button, wait for a ring and press the trasnfer button again.

I would like have the speeddial to act exactly like an "automata" and do a blind x-fer.

HP Recommended

The answer is quiet simple, you cannot do this.

The maximum of BLF the phone supports is 50.

You can add Speed Dials but all they are is a stored number. You do not see any of their activity or status and you cannot pick up their calls.

For further discussions please work with your Polycom reseller.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

HP Recommended

Ok here is a new config file.

So this time, I converted my BLF on the third expansion module de speeddial.

Here's what happend

First expansion module is OK

Second expansion module is blank (what ???? was working before)

Thirs expansion as the speeddials.

So adding my speeddials on the trhird expansion module
"broke" what was already working on my second expansion module.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.