Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Hi all,

We seem to have quite some issues with VVX400: our phones are configured with BLF to monitor the other lines in the company. Now, when a call comes in via a hunt grop, for example, my phone starts to ring but immediately I see messages about the same call being offered to the other phones. At that time, I cannot answer the call on my phone (no answer button, unhooking does not help). Sometimes it helps when I press Pickup.

So, to be clear: 1) when a direct call enters on my line: no problem

2) when a calls comes in on a colleagues phone, I see the message on my screen (due to BLF) and I can pickup the line

3) when a call comes in which is offered tu multiple phones at the same time, and my phone is one of that group, I regularly have issues answering the call.

We are using software version 4.1.6

Anyone encountered this already?

FYI: we are using provisioning files pushed by our Broadsoft-platform.

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Hello pcools,

welcome back to the Polycom Community.

I would suggest you test the latest UCS 4.1.7 or even UCS 5.1.1 REV B first as they had some BLF enhancements,

In addition it would make more sense to re-design your groups as alerting multiple phones for the same call causes the phone having to track each individual SIP notify.

This may cause the phone's CPU to utilize to much power and will slow done other apsects of the phone.

A single shared line on each phone would be more appropriate for the same effect.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Hi pcools

Is the phone being answered by someone before you? This is more than likely the Broadsoft platform design.

The reason for this is that the Broadsoft platform don't want more then one device to sent RTP to the originator. This can happened if 2 or more devices answered with a 200OK at the same time(approx).

Hope this helps

Cheers

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.