Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

We have installed a Polycom Adtran system.  Our phones are Models VVX400 / VVX410.  I would like to know how to remotely access listen to your messages when out of the office at client locations.

I have following documentation:  (a) Polycom VVX 400 and VVX 410 Business Media Phones Quick User Guide and

(b) Adtran Telephone and Voice Mail QUick Reference Guide.

The instructions in (a) only references "listening to voice mail" from an actual phone connected to the system inside the office.  The instructions in (b) references the ability to log in from another phone or check message remotely.  However, the instructions are not correct and does not allow you to actually access your voice mail box without going through hit and miss each time.

We have our system set up to have voicemail sent to email  but when that fails staff are not getting critical voicemails when they are working outside the office at client sites.

Are there clear and direct instructions that I can distribute to my staff on this function? 

Thank you for your help!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hello Liberty,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

Please contact Adtran Support as this is not a Polycom related issue.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Hello Liberty,

Please contact Adtran Support as this is not a Polycom related issue.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Steffen:

Please accept my apologies for searching for a solution in the wrong forum.  Thank you for directing me to optional resources.  With our phone system referenced as AdTran, Polycom and NetVanta system it is slightly confusing as to where to search for information.  With no clearly defined user manual that encompasses the actual phone and the system, I have been researching wherever I can find any information.

I have also contacted the company that installed and supports our system.  Thank you again for your assistance and input.

HP Recommended

You guys are funny!

I ended up here trying to figure out "How to Retreive Voicemail from an outside phone"  on our VVX-410 system also.
(Google brought me...)

It's not a trick question. (Maybe it is...Adtran?) or least MINE is not a trick question....so riddle me this: 

How does one Retreive Voicemail from an outside phone??

Haven't looked further, so we are assuming the info is handily out there somewhere....

Our corp. just loves how User Unfriendly these phones are - NO ONE can figure out how to do the most basic of tasks...

(Um, put a call on hold, for example...!) The whole "Messages" / "Directory" interface is way too unintuitive....

Thanks for listening

HP Recommended

Hello ddchapin,

The phone itself is just a "dumb" terminal and can be used with a variety of servers.

As we do not know who installed your server or service we cannot answer this question as it has absolutely nothing to do with the phone.

A Voicemail Service is either integrated in the SIP server or an extra bit. We, Polycom, do not have any control over this so we cannot answer this.

I suggest you check with your IT team or your local voice team who have either knowledge of this or can point you in the right direction.

Usually whoever installed the SIP server or the SIP service you are using would leave some kind of a manual on how to utilize our phones with their service.

General user guides can be found => here <= but they will not tell you how to access your voice mail from the outside.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.