Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

We have been attempting to utilze the 2-line phones for 1 line with the second line key as a BLF for a ring group or user. However, we are unable to get this to function on the two line phones when they are functioning on VVX3##, VVX4##, VVX501, and VVX601.

We've attempted a number of different configuration changes and reviewed documentation to see if this functionality doesn't work for these phones... I'm unable to find anything saying this shouldn't work.

Specifics of the current settings:

Line 1 - registered and functional

Line 2 - nothing displayed; no registry entries assigned to the line.

Attendant Resource List method for BLF (functions on all VVX devices above a 201 - including 250)

attendant.resourceList.1.address="5701"
attendant.resourceList.1.type="automata"
attendant.resourceList.1.label="Call Park 1"

We've attempted utilizing a platform generated resource list (works across other VVX device types without issue); manually assigning keys; flexible line key assignement; etc. None have worked

What field(s) may I be missing or are we wrong that BLF functionaility is available on VVX201 or VVX150 devices?

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

I should add that this has issue has existed on all firmware we've used on our system. Currently the VVX201 is on 5.7.0.11768. We have included 5.4 and 5.5 firmware versions in our testing

HP Recommended

Hi Mike,

I've the very same issue on the VVX201 with the firmware 5.6.1.

Do you know by now if this is a limitation on those models ?

Note: the BLF is not working but the speed dial is working fine.

Laure

HP Recommended

Hello @lbonis ,

Welcome back to the Poly Community.

In our FAQ the phones are not listed:

Nov 4, 2011 Question: How can I setup a Busy Lamp Field / BLF with an Digium Asterisk SIP Server?

Resolution: Please check => here <

I get this information added to the Admin Guide

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Hi Steffen,

Thanks for this documentation which mention the following models:

"For VVX250, 300,301,310,311,350,400,401,410,411,450,500,501,600 and 601 the maximum number of BLF entries is 50." but doesn't mention the VVX201.

The feature "Flexible LineKey Assignement" is working fine on the VVX201 (ie https://documents.polycom.com/bundle/ucs-ag-6-1-0/page/c-ucs-ag-flexible-line-key-assignment.html).

I've also tested the following configuration on a VVX201 with the firmware 6.1.0:

<reg reg.1.callsPerLineKey="1" ... />
<lineKey lineKey.1.category="line" lineKey.1.index="1" lineKey.2.category="BLF" lineKey.2.index="0">
<lineKey.reassignment lineKey.reassignment.enabled="1"/>
</lineKey> <attendant attendant.reg="1"> <attendant.resourceList attendant.resourceList.1.address="109" attendant.resourceList.1.label="109" attendant.resourceList.1.type="normal"> </attendant.resourceList> </attendant>

But the BLF still doesn't appear.

And the VVX201's Configuration Utility doesn't allow the definition of BLF, but only line (up to 2 SIP accounts).

Can you just confirm that the VVX201 doesn't support BLF ?

(I didn't find the information in the data sheet or the administrator guide)

Thanks

Best regards,

Laure

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.