Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

We have VVX phones. We use BToE and pair phones with computers. I believe that we use the latest BToE and VVX firmware.

I cannot understand if phone should stay logged in after workstation was turned off. We have a few phones and some phones stay logged in after workstation is turned off, some of them are not. If I do factory reset, sometimes phone changes behavior, sometimes it does not. I have the same phone stays logged in, when others would log out after reset. Another phone is logging out when it was not before.

How should it be? We use FTP server and all phones get the same configuration.

Can I make it standard? Obviously, we would want phones to stay logged in when users turn off workstation or logs out for the night.

Thank you.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

I found solution. Did not receive any help.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

Hello KPABA,

welcome back to the Polycom Community.

Could you be so kind and update your old post's or mark them as a solution provided if the reply did help as reminded before?

In addition have you yet sorted out the license issue if using LYNC with the Polycom phones?

You should always post your currently used firmware as this may give others an insight or you and others can check the current release notes.

I am not aware that the Phone signs out of LYNC once you shutdown BToE or the PC so this must be something local in your environment.

If you have the relevant valid licenses that allows you to utilize the UCS software for LYNC and the phone being in warranty you should simply contact your Polycom reseller.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Yes, we are bought Lync licenses for us and we sell them to our clients.

I updated the only ticket that I consider to be answered.

We have this problem in our environment and with our clients.

HP Recommended

on the VVX Phones that logs out after the PC is turned off, confirm they still have an IP address assigned and are pingable.

HP Recommended

Hello KPABA,

this post is still lacking the basic information of BToE Version and the Phone Software.

As suggested please work with your Polycom reseller as we would need the relevant logs of the phone.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

I found solution. Did not receive any help.

HP Recommended

Hello KPABA,

The emphasis of the Polycom community is:

• On this forum, you can share information about Polycom products and services and seek help from other partners or product owners. If you know a solution to a problem posted here, we encourage you to help others by sharing your resolution. 

Your reply unfortunately helps nobody.

You had been asked to provide crucial details but have chosen to not provide these.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.