Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Looking for some help finding the right syntax to added a line key or softkey button to join a paging group. I have been looking over the Admin guide and the following FAQ. I see under the the feature key section, there is a "Join/Leave Page Group 1" but can not find the the exact config to enable it. I am testing with a VVX450 running 6.3.1.8227. Can this be done? My goal here is to be able to join a group or PTT page on the fly with out rebooting. 

FAQ:

https://community.polycom.com/t5/VoIP-SIP-Phones/FAQ-How-can-I-use-PTT-Push-To-Talk-Paging-Page/m-p/...

Poly Docs:

https://documents.polycom.com/bundle/obi-ag-631/page/OBiPhoneAdminGuide/customizing_devices/TOC_Feat...

https://documents.polycom.com/bundle/ucs-ag-6-3-0/page/r-ucs-ag-mapping-internal-key-functions.html

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hello ,

Welcome to the Poly Community.

Are you talking about on the fly changing, for example, the ptt.pageMode.group.X.available or ptt.channel.X.available?

If yes then this is not possible as the phone joins these during the boot-up process.

You could potentially use the REST API to re-configure the phone but I am not sure about the actual use case and it would require a reboot.

Jun 05, 2018 Question: Do Poly Phones support a REST API?

Resolution: Please => here <=

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Can ptt.pageMode.enable or ptt.pttMode.enable be enabled without a reboot? If so can they be enabled or disabled with a line or softkey?

HP Recommended

Hello @polyphoneuser456 ,

via the Web Interface you can enable both the ptt.pttMode.enable and the ptt.pageMode.enable

You can also do this via the REST API:

curl -k -d "{\"data\": {\"ptt.pageMode.enable\": \"1\",\"ptt.pttMode.enable\": \"1\" }}" -H "Content-Type: application/json" https://Polycom:789@10.252.149.71/api/v1/mgmt/config/set

Jun 05, 2018 Question: Do Poly Phones support a REST API?

Resolution: Please => here <=

You could look at doing this via the Web Browser aka the Application but to my own personal knowledge, you cannot do this via a Soft or Line Key.

You can define a Line / Softkey to open a browser and do it that way.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Hello @polyphoneuser456 ,

I looked at this again as the software version you posted does not match a GA released UC Software so is this question about a VVX running the UC Software or the Obi Edition?

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

HP Recommended

This was for a VVX running UC software. I will give the rest API a try, but the end game here was to provide a line or soft key to the end user. So that they could join and disjoin multicast stream. Our use case is for RoIP, but would be the same for MoH. 

In the mean time, we found a work around using a conference bridge that the user can join.  

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.