Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Hi,

I am testing a VVX colour expansion module, model '2201-46350-001' with a VVX 600 phone, running software 4.1.6.4835. 

The expansion module seemed to work when the phone first power on, but after a few calls have been made and received, pressing the contact name to dial on the expansion does not make the phone dial, there is no response, the expansion is still powered on, just not responding .  Powering down and back up the phone then makes the expansion module responsive again.

Is there anything anyone can suggest, or experienced anything similar?

Thank you

Mike

12 REPLIES 12
HP Recommended

Hello Mike,

I would suggest to first test the newest released UCS 4.1.7 Software as that includes some BLF fixes.

If the issue still occurs please raise this via your Polycom reseller as we need certain logs depening on the setup.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

We've noticed this same problem on a fairly new VVX500 with color expasion module. My vendor tells me we're at the highest software version available and replacement is our next option. What was the resolution/next steps for you?

HP Recommended

We have the same problem with a VVX expansion module 2201-16350-001. The expansion module is connected to a VVX 410 (2201-46160-001).  It will randomly freeze and the only way to make it work again is to reboot the phone.
We have upgraded firmware, and are currently at 5.3.1.

I was wonderdering if you were still having this issue with yours, or if you found a resolve.  Please let me know if you have a resolve becuase we have checked everything and the issue still occurs.

Many thanks!!!

HP Recommended
Hello

The next step would be to raise a ticket with Polycom via your Polycom reseller so we can look at the individual issue in more detail.

Please follow this up as suggested above

Replied via a mobile
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended
Replaced and the issue continues!
HP Recommended
Hello Heather

As already the next step would be to raise a ticket with Polycom via your Polycom reseller so we can look at the individual issue in more detail.

We need to troubleshoot this via logs

Replied via a mobile device

HP Recommended

I have a subscriber using a VVX 410 with a expansion module that was just upgraded to 5.4.1 on a SIP Server.  We have programmed around 35-40 speed dials and BLF keys on this side console and it also will freeze and the customer will have to restart the only the expansion console and the keys will work again for about a day.  This is a heavy phone user that acts like the attendant and they are geting frustrated.  

Has anyone found a solution to this problem?

HP Recommended

Hello Maddog34,

as you can see by my previous replies this should really be escalated via their Polycom reseller so we can look at the logs.

I am aware of a similar case like this and it was fixed with the Upgrade to either UC Software 5.2.5 or UC Software 5.3.3

The fix is not yet in a 5.4.x built but should be added to teh next UC Software 5.4.4 which is due soon (Subject to change)

The known issue is logged under VOIP-99624 but without seeing any logs its a guessing game.

Downgrade to the proposed builds or wait for the next 5.4.4 but the correct way would be logging it via the reseller with Polycom support.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

HP Recommended

We have been experiencing this exact same issue with a VVX401 with VVX Color Expansion Module.

The previous post from  04-22-2016

Polycom Employee & Community Manager

Advises to do the following:

Downgrade to the proposed builds or wait for the next 5.4.4 but the correct way would be logging it via the reseller with Polycom support.

We have experienced this problem on 5.4.5.6770 as well as 5.7.0.11768. It is odd that this issue is still present. 

Does anyone know how to recreate this problem?  We cannot recreate in our lab, only seen on customer deployed phone.  Is there a certain "key press sequence" that is causing this?

I would like to be able to recreate so that I can test any new firmware Polycom states should "Fix" the problem.  From the previous post, I don't think the issue has yet to be resolved in later firmware. 

We also have just opened a support case with Polycom on this.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.