Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Hello,

I am using various VVX phone models and particularly VVX400/410 on 5.3.3.

I am using Broadsoft as the VoIP PLatform and I am populating the Contact Directory in polycom via the platform mac-dir.xml file. I have around 300+ entries and when tried to search for the entries, not returning expected result.

For e.g got a name and number as below.# Name :Standard Associates Company Lawyers Number : 0123456789 When you search for the various words, noticed that you get result only when searched for first word full or partial (Standard) in first name field and the last word full or partial (Lawyers) in last name field. i cant search for the words 'Associates' or 'Company'.

So tried combining the words to make something in the format "FirstName LastName" E.g. Standard_Associates Company_Lawyers Even with this new entry, I cant search for the words 'Associates' or 'Company' using a wildcard search format the words * 'Associa* or *Compan*

Could you please confirm how is this expected to work and will wildcard search work at all in Contacts Directory

Regards Robert

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Anyone had this issue at all?

HP Recommended

Please do not "bump" posts

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Hi Steffen,

Not sure what you meant by Bump?.

Regards

Robert

HP Recommended

Hello @robertrozario,

A Polycom community member will respond to a post if they have anything valid to post.

We call "bumping" a reply to an unanswered post to bring this back to the attention of the community.

We do specifically mention this in the Read Me First.

If you have an issue with a feature the official route to go is via Polycom support as we do not follow any Service Line agreements within the free community.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.