Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

My work sent me a VVX 500.  Everything should have been configured for use with Fonality, but I kept getting an error message that the line was not registered.  The provisioning server information is correct.  I have been working with my IT department, but they seem to be unable to figure it out as well.  I had then had the brilliant idea, insert extreme sarcasm, that maybe if I format file system it will force the software to reinstall and that might fix whatever is going on with it.  I could not have been more wrong.  It says updating initial configuration, but then it says "error application not installed".  I reset the phone to factory and I have tried upgrading the software via http, but that didn't work and I'm not even sure that I am installing the correct version (544p). I am also getting an error that the <mac address>.cfg file could not be downloaded.  The only viable option at this seems to be to setup an ftp server and install the software that way.  Is that correct?  Any advice would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks!

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hello cassil,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

The community's VoIP FAQ contains answers to all of your questions.

Yes you will need a local FTP server.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Thank you.  I will get that setup.  What firmware version are the vvx 500 phones currently shipping with?

The MAC address starts with 00:04.  After I get the firmware installed, Do you have any suggestions 

for resolving the original issue?  Thanks!

HP Recommended

Hello cassil,

Again I can only highlight the community FAQ as:

Sep 17, 2014 Question:What Software Version will Polycom ship phones with?

Resolution: Please check => here <=

or

Jan 19, 2012 Question: How to troubleshoot Polycom VoIP related Issues?

Resolution: Please check => here <=

or

Oct 7, 2011 Question: How can I check out the Registration Status of my Phone?
Resolution: Please check => here <=

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.