Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

We have configured five BLF line keys for parking.  Park/unpark seem working except the following issue.  We tried the phone on Freeswitch and 3CX and have the same issue.

User 1 parks Caller 1 on an empty park key, the key changes its status to busy (red color)

User 2 accidentally parks Caller 2 on the SAME park key

Caller 1 and Caller 2 are connected

How can I fix this?  Is it possible to make a park key not pressable when there is already a call parked on it?

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

We have run into the same issue. Running 5.4.0.5841 on VVX 400's.

Why is this even possible? Is there a fix?

HP Recommended

Hello H&R,

welcome back to the Polycom Community.

Are you having the same issue as this user back in 2012 with a 3CX server?

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Yes, it is the same issue. Running on Coredial, an Asterisk server. We can put 2 calls on the same Park position and they can talk to eachother.

Should this be possible? I contacted Coredial about this and they said it was a known Polycom bug.

HP Recommended

Hello H&R,

there is a huge difference between a bug aka something broken on our end or simply a feature not 100% working or ever tested on an open source platform.

Asterisk uses the Attendant functionality as described in this FAQ post:

Jun 29, 2015 Question:How can setup a Call Park Feature using an Asterisk Server?

Resolution: Please check => here <=

As there is no Feature syncronisation between the server and the phone this may be the result of being able to connect two people together.

Someone from the open source community would need to work with Polycom engineering to either utilize a functionality which we already use with our interoperability partners like Broadworks or provide a relevant business case to create a new functionality.

At least you should open a support ticket via your Polycom reseller and provide a working example from another SIP phone and then in comparison your failing example.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

To elaborate, once the second call is put into the same park the park/call disappear from the phone and the two callers that were put on park are connected to each other.

HP Recommended

Thank you Steffen, I will open a support ticket with my dealer. And by saying "bug" I didn't mean to offend, just passing on what had been said to me.

HP Recommended

Hello H&R,

No issue, we just need to ensure we are setting the expectations the right way when comparing proper interoperability tested solutions against an open source server.

Once we have a ticket open and can compare data we can comment.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.