Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Hi,

Is there any way to see my favorite contact status while I'm on a call on a VVX500?  Let`s say before I transfer I call I want to be able to say "Mr so and so is busy would you like his voicemail"?

I can do this on other Polycoms (501, 550, etc), It's a pain going through going through the menu to do this, but it`s doable. How can I do the same on the vvx500?

I found a "favorite contact" somewhere, but the status of all contacts was unknown.  They were definitely not "unknown" on the home screen.

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

Hello mgaudette,

Check this article => here <= explaining how to setup buddy watch. You need presence activated as a feature and your Call Server / Setup needs to support this.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Hi,

As I stated, my buddy watch works well with all phones except the VVX500, and the VVX500 "home" screen works too. My problem is finding a way to access those statuses while on a call, so that I know whether the person I am transferring a call to is busy or not.

HP Recommended

Hello,

does Buddy watch work at all on the VVX500 or not ?

What Software Version have you running on your Phone ?

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Buddy watch "works". I can see people on the home screen and know wheher they are on a call or not.

Is there any way, through the menu or other means, to see those "buddy states" when I am using the VVX500 and am on a call with somebody?

HP Recommended

Hello mgaudette,

one of my US Support Colleagues did quickly test this.

Once in a call press the Clock Icon

Then press the icon representing your Line

The Buddy status should show.

Regards

Steffen Baier

HP Recommended

Hello mgaudette,

I actually tested this myself.

Pre-requisite is that the Buddy watch for the Contact is enabled (<bw>1</bw>) and it needs to be a Favorite (<sd>x</sd>).

Whilst in a call:

Swipe over screen to the left:

Above will then show the status of your favorites (Buddies)

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

HP Recommended

Thank you, exactly what I was looking for. Somehow the side-swipe escaped me.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.