Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Hello,

The product page for the VVX500 says: Microsoft® Exchange® calendar and contacts integration under one of the features and benefits, but I don't see any documentation talking about contact integration. Our company uses Mircrosoft's Office365.com hosted exchange platform, and I can't seem to get it to work with the VVX 500. This hosted exchange works perfect with outlook, android, iphone, and other exchange devices, so I don't think it has to do anything with Mircrosoft's hosted solution. 

How do you use the calendar and contact's fuction and integrate it with Exchange on the VVX 500?

16 REPLIES 16
HP Recommended

Hello KL,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

There is a document => here <= that explains the Exchange Integration. The Phone also supports active directory.

I am not aware that we support Office365 and you would need to liaise with your Polycom Reseller to speak to someone from Polycom Pre Sales. 

Best regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Steffen,

The document to which you refer does not have any information about Exchange contacts.  Exchange contacts are not the same as Active Directory access, and the description of the VVX 500 very specifically refers to "Microsoft® Exchange® calendar and contacts integration."  The document also does not mention anything about Active Directory.

Cheers,

Gifford Hesketh

HP Recommended

Hello Gifford,

I am not a marketing Person and therefore cannot explain the wording that has been chosen but the guide attached to my above reply clearly explains that the presence functionality can be used to monitor contact's.

Active Directory is needed for:

ActiveDirectory_for_Presence.png

The Corporate Directory (Active Directory, openLDAP etc) is described in the FAQ post => here <= and can be used to access a Corporate Phone Book.

I will attempt and follow up with our Product Managers to get the exact meaning of the working but in the meantime please 

liaise with your Polycom Reseller to speak to someone from Polycom Pre Sales Team if you have any follow up questions. 

Best regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Office 365/Lync online does not support Enterprise Voice or any native device registrations at present. That would be a future development of the O365/Lync Online offering. The only architecture that can deliver this functionality today is a hybrid solution which requires implementation of an on-premise Lync standard edition server to support the local device registrations (Voice/Video) clients and federate to the hosted Office 365/Lync online platform.

HP Recommended

So with Office 365 there is no way to sync emails and calendar?

That's the whole reason we purchased these phones.

HP Recommended

Hello Unified,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

As already explained in detail by the previous reply a Exchange Server (NOT OFFICE 365) is needed for the Calendar functionality.

I am not aware that Polycom states anywhere that Emails can be synchronized via the VVX500.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

HP Recommended

I think Polycom is missing the point somewhere here. Isn't Office365 Microsoft's hosted EXCHANGE service? In outlook I setup my Office365 account as an exchange account, and I do the same on my iPhone and Droid. All three of these devices sync my email, contacts, and calendar to each device using exchange. I don't get how the VVX500 would be any different assuming it supports exchange. 

I don't really care to have my email on my Polycom VVX500, but I do want at least my contacts and maybe my calendar. I have a couple of hundred contacts in outlook, and there is no way in hell I am going to type each one of these in manually. I would like it to either sync with my exchange/outlook, or at least let me manually upload a contacts file that I could export from outlook.

The big thing here is I want to upload these contacts so that when I recieve an incoming call my phone regonizes the contact name (assuming the incoming number is a contact that calls me and its saved inside the phone), so I can greet the person like I do with my cell phone.

I am not interested in Microsoft Lync, so I don't know why that or Active Directory keeps on being mentioned. All I want is the contacts on my VVX500 without manually entering them. Are you saying there is no way to do that? 

HP Recommended

Hello KL,

I can only explain what is currently supported and as mentioned above, Office365 is currently NOT supported.

Active Directory / LDAP is mentioned as it allows a corporate Directory.

Polycom does not offer a "tool / script" that would convert Outlook Contacts into the Polycom Directory XML format.

If you can export your Outlook Contacts into a text format you could use this script => here <= to create a Polycom compatible directory XML file.

Any changes to the current Software need to be raised via your Polycom Reseller to be brought to the attention of a Polycom SE with a business case justifying the change.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

HP Recommended
SteffenBaierUK> As already explained in detail by the previous reply a Exchange Server (NOT OFFICE 365) is needed for the Calendar functionality. Checking in a year later -- is this still true for a VVX 500 running 4.1.3.6827? We are are having problems getting events to show on the Calendar, and we would like to confirm if it is a basic limitation of the software rather than a configuration problem.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.