Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

We like the VVX 500 and 400, but notice some serious issues. For example, when you are on an active call the options to tranfer that call are limited. We hit transfer, and then would like to tranfer to a BLF on the phone. But the BLFs are hidden both on the VVX 400 and 500. Also, when putting a call on hold we would like to be able to group page, but there is no page button on the hold screen. Any advice on what variables are needed to enable this?

9 REPLIES 9
HP Recommended

Hello KL,

Welcome back to the community.

A useful starting point is usually to provide the currently used software version as the release notes of newer / different versions may include details for any changes.

The same for a VVX400 was already discussed => here <= and => here <= and this was addressed in the UCS 4.1.6 release  via:

• 88954 BLF functionality has been optimized to use transfer and conference functionalities for BLF contacts.

UCS 5.0.2 has the same functionality added as well.

On a VVX500 and 600 this always worked as you simply swipe to the right on the touch screen and return to your Lines Screen.

As for the Page question there are already multiple post’s covering this that can be found via the community search and in addition a FAQ post describing soft key’s including a Page example (example 5).

Nov 25, 2011 Question: How can I change the functionality of a softkey button / use EFK?

Resolution: Please check => here <=

The use case for you would be softkey.1.use.hold="1".

Please ensure to provide some feedback on this and any of your old post's if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Well, I am glad to see Polycom release the Lines key to at least be able to see the BLF and hit one to tranfer to, but this is still not ideal. It requires the uses to hit the tranfer button, then the more button, then lines, and then the BLF! That is four steps to tranfer a call when most people coming from old key line system were used to pressing one to 2 buttons at most.

When you hit the tranfer key why does it show you recent call history? Polycom is implying that most people tranfer calls to someone in their recent call history which clearly is not the case. Most people tranfer calls to people within their orgnaization/office. BLFs are setup to monitor these people and act as a speed dial to these people that way you don't have to maually type them into the phones or add them to a directory of some sort. 

This is unacceptable as a solution. Why does the tranfer screen have to take up the whole screen. Why when you hit tranfer can the BLF show up on the sides and soft keys on the bottom?

Also, when on an active call can you make BLFs still display on the sides? 

HP Recommended

Are you sure 88954 BLF functionality has been optimized to use transfer and conference functionalities for BLF contacts. was added to 5.0.2 in additon to 4.1.6? I see it when the phone has 4.1.6 (which we won't use as it doesn't have all the bug fixes found in version 5.0.2), but I don't see a lines key on phones with 5.0.2. Also I see no mention on 88954 in the 5.0.2 release notes:

http://downloads.polycom.com/voice/voip/uc/UC_Software_ReleaseNotes_UCS_5_0_2.pdf

HP Recommended

Hello KL,

yes the UCS 5.0.2 release notes do not specifically mention this but I have tested and verified this in UCS 5.0.2

When the VVX300/VVX400 range phones where designed we did extensive testing with several user groups and to my knowledge nobody complained or mentioned, to my knowledge, the lack of the functionality on this low level phones.

Once they had been initially released the above two linked post’s came up so we added this functionality as there seemed to be a need for this.

We have since then released the expansion modules for all the new VVX phones and monitored contacts can be easily placed on this and can be the focus of anyone attempting to transfer calls to these.

There is only so much space that can be used to display keys and functions and this is currently working as designed.

If you are unhappy with this design you need to contact your Polycom reseller and work with a Polycom sales Engineer to provide a business case to justify any change to the current design.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Does some string have to be enabled in the configuration from the Lines key to be displayed in 5.0.2 then? As I cleary don't see it when I hit the transfer button.

Then you are saying on the VVX 500 I can just swip with my finger to the right to get to the equivalent lines screen? Then only way I see to get to the lines screen on the VVX 500 is to hit the extension number in the top left corner. 

We have install over 100 of these phones in the past month, and every user has complained about the lack of tranfering to BLFs. Basically the only way to do it without these line key is remember their extension, print out a paper with the extensions, or buy a VVX expansion module for each and every phone which is no economicaly. 

I understand what you are saying about screen real estate, but why let the call history be the default to display instead of the lines? 

HP Recommended

Hello KL,

for Hold you swipe the screen, for Transfer you press the Line Icon on the top.

Again, I did not design or verify this so you would need to follow this up the official channel as explained in my earlier reply.

On the VVX300/VVX400 I believe you are correct as this to be broken on UCS 5.0.2 (conference or transfer) but works on UCS 4.1.6.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

HP Recommended

I do feel your pain.  We've been using VVX500 for more than a year on Lync evnironment, and our users still can't do transfers on the phones.  It just takes too much steps!!  Right now, we don't use our VVX500 to do tranfers any more, instead we're using BTOE which works great for us!!

BTW, just upgraded my phones to 5.02 and like it very much.

Shawn

HP Recommended

Hello Bigfish,

As explained already in my prior replies if you or others are not satisfied with the GUI design then you need to report this via your Polycom reseller to bring this to the attention of a Polycom sales Engineer.

You should include the details of your LYNC license for all the phones you are using the UCS software with LYNC.

Best regards

Steffen Baier

HP Recommended

Steffen,

Yes, the Lines button appears to be broken on 5.0.2, but it does work on 4.1.6. Thank you for the guide you posted with screenshots! Still not the easiest way to do this as it requires you to hit lines, but it is still better than nothing. 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.