Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Has anyone been able to get "prov.usercontrol" to actually Work on a VVX 300/400/500?

trying on 5.4.4 and 5.4.5 firmware with 

prov.usercontrol.enabled="1"
prov.usercontrol.postponeTime="00:15"

however when our phones poll the server for a new config file, which includes telling the phone which firmware file to use, they simply reboot without any prompt and then up/downgrade.

What has to happen in order to allow users to defer an upgrade/config change?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hello Stephen,

Great that Brad managed to get in touch with you.

I already updated the below with the ZTP fact:

Nov 24, 2014 Question:How can the Phone automatically check / poll for configuration changes or new software versions?

Resolution: Please check => here <=

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
HP Recommended
Hello Stephen

In your other response to a post the original poster had been asked to contact POLYCOM support. Have you yet done this?

Replied via a mobile device
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

I have just finished opening the ticket, yes.

HP Recommended

it seems the test-phone i was given is out of support and therefore support will not assist.  So I will refer this back to the community.  Does anyone have any suggestions?

HP Recommended
Hi

Is this the only phone you deployed?

There is always PPI / Pay per Incident

please post the POLYCOM ticket reference

Replied via a mobile device

HP Recommended

I have sent you this information as a private message as I am not comfortable posting it in a public forum.

HP Recommended

Hello Stephen,

I have updated the original post => here <=

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

HP Recommended

For completeness, This has been resolved.

The issue on my side was ZTP.

From talking with our polycom sales engineer:

ZTP DOES NOT work with prov.userControl
-- this IS stated in the admin guide

ZTP is enabled by Default on every VVX phone leaving the factory

-- this was news to me.

I was under the impression that since we had not explicitly enabled ZTP that it would be off

So we have gone to Home - Settings - Advanced - Network- Provisioning -- (last line) and turned off ZTP and BOOM! prov.usercontrol works as expected.

to do this via your config file, you would add:

device.set="1"
    device.prov.ztpEnabled.set="1"
    device.prov.ztpEnabled="0"

as well as

prov.userControl.enabled="1"
    prov.userControl.postponeTime="01:00"

Had to post this, as I hate when i google an issue and find someone with the exact same problem who 'fixed it' but doesnt post their solution

HP Recommended

Hello Stephen,

Great that Brad managed to get in touch with you.

I already updated the below with the ZTP fact:

Nov 24, 2014 Question:How can the Phone automatically check / poll for configuration changes or new software versions?

Resolution: Please check => here <=

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

HP Recommended

Perfect, thanks!

hoping that you can excuse my not finding that page -

the subject of "Automatically check for configuration changes or new software versions" did not sound like it directly involved what I was looking for at the time.

have a great day!

EDIT:   re-reading that page, you mention:

NOTE: Please be aware that if ZTP is being used this parameter is ignored!

However that sounds like "if you have manually enabled it", not "it is on by default and you have to explicitly turn it off to use prov.usercontrol"

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.