Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

I'm a brand new user...just plugged the phone in and I can not access the web-based utility with the given default passwords. Judging from some of the comment threads on here you need to be a rocket scientist to configure and use these phones so I'm beginning to question my decision already. Any help with getting on to the web-based utility in an effort to change the background pics and so forth is appreciated.......

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hello Gus,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

There is no such pre-requisite but it is always useful to include the currently used software version as issues experienced may already be addressed in a newer release.

Please also include if you are using a SIP server or a LYNC server

This also allows yourself and others to check against current software release notes.

The above is also stated in the "Read First: Welcome to the Polycom VoIP Forum"

Therefore the Polycom VoIP FAQ contains this post here:

Question: How can I find out my SIP UC Software Version or the BootROM Version of my Phone?
Resolution: Please check here

Adding to the above it would also be useful to state what you believe is the Admin Password as you may have somehow got the wrong infromation.

In addition did you simply purchase this unit with no additional SIP provider as some SIP Providers change the Admin and / or User passwords to prevent unauthorized access.

Last but not least what error message do you get as for example Internet Explorer 11 to my knowledge is currently not supported.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.